Author Topic: Parking for Newman Events... Grrrr  (Read 6714 times)

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
Parking for Newman Events... Grrrr
« on: September 15, 2006, 06:37:07 PM »
You know I am really getting sick of having parking problems whenever they hold an event at Newman.  First of all, us students that pay to park where we live should have first privileges when it comes to parking.  Would these Newman field goers like it if I parked in their driveway and they had to park blocks away from their house... I think not.

Also, what ever happened to charging them or enforcing parking in any way?  I see signs all over that say they have to pay to park, but do they?  The answer is of course no.  The parking lots are so crappy, with all the holes that you would think they would charge to make money to fix the  lot.

It just gets so old that we have to pay all this money to park next to where we live, and then they just let these random people take our spots.  The least they could do is charge them.  They should leave enough spaces for those of us that live nearby.

..and fix the potholes  :angry5:
CampusDakota.com

Offline zman

• NDSU
Re: Parking for Newman Events... Grrrr
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2006, 10:34:39 PM »
God that really pisses me off also.  I was looking and I know for sure that there is a sign in FA lot that says the lot is always reserved and there is no public parking.  Maybe they need to learn to follow what they say and give us students a change to park.

Offline amyc

• NDSU
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 01:42:08 PM »
Seriously, something needs to be done about this issue.  I park in the FA lot and when I come home and there is nowhere to park, I am PISSED.  Half the time they are illegally parked in the driveways and it makes it impossible to get around the lot.  They need to find a new alternative, this is getting ridiculous.

Offline ajekt

• NDSU
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 05:52:16 PM »
Quit complaining and do something ;)
N-D-S-U ... Goooooo Bison!

Offline northdakotastate

• NDSU
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006, 04:26:46 PM »
Well they just spent millions on some new buildings, so much for your potholes.  Then again they are probably in different budgets.

Offline bisonaudit

• NDSU
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2007, 04:04:43 PM »
In the last year there have been a whopping total of 11 RedHawks games which conflicted with the Spring (0) or Fall (11) term at NDSU.  8 were scheduled regular season contests, 3 were playoff games.  Maybe they need a couple more attendants to collect fees and keep yahoos from parking in the isles but if that's your big beef (11 dates * 3 hours) of inconvienence, life's pretty good.

Offline zman

• NDSU
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2007, 01:47:00 PM »
In the last year there have been a whopping total of 11 RedHawks games which conflicted with the Spring (0) or Fall (11) term at NDSU.  8 were scheduled regular season contests, 3 were playoff games.  Maybe they need a couple more attendants to collect fees and keep yahoos from parking in the isles but if that's your big beef (11 dates * 3 hours) of inconvienence, life's pretty good.

Ah, but do not forget about those people that live on campus during the summer, how many games are there then?

Its a matter of NDSU serving their students.  The students are paying for a parking place, there are numerous signs that say no public parking, yet NDSU does nothing to ensure that their students have a place to park.  Its not like there are only a few people that park there, the entire HR and FA lot are usually full.  I think that if I live in the LLC I should not have to park down by Reed/Johnson.

Would you be happy if these people parked in your driveway?  Because it is basically the same thing.  Not to mention that those parking in HR lot are suppose to pay $3 to park; they pay nothing.  Additionally if there is a spot open (unlikely) the students are questioned to no avail why they are trying to park in their own lot!  >:(

Someone needs to start looking out for the students!

mburtonk

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2007, 09:30:16 AM »
I'd worry about the University going too far with it.  Here at UND they shut a bunch of campus down for men's hockey (and not women's) and charge for anybody to park starting about four hours before the game begins.  If NDSU began contrlling parking, you're more likely to run into the case where it's the uni rather than the locals who are stealing your parking places.

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2007, 02:01:42 AM »
I'd worry about the University going too far with it.  Here at UND they shut a bunch of campus down for men's hockey (and not women's) and charge for anybody to park starting about four hours before the game begins.  If NDSU began contrlling parking, you're more likely to run into the case where it's the uni rather than the locals who are stealing your parking places.

Well that is stupid.  They better not try that down here.
CampusDakota.com

Offline ajekt

• NDSU
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2007, 02:08:49 PM »
I hope the on-campus population is ready for another summer of excitement.
N-D-S-U ... Goooooo Bison!

Offline zman

• NDSU
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2007, 03:03:13 PM »
I hope the on-campus population is ready for another summer of excitement.

Thanks for reminding me  :disgust: :pain10:

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2007, 11:01:35 PM »
I am excited for it!
CampusDakota.com

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

anything
realistic