Author Topic: Group Rides: SPRING 2010  (Read 45422 times)

Offline Mario

• Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired
  • UND
  • Crossing around
Group Rides: SPRING 2010
« on: March 30, 2010, 12:24:52 PM »
Official Group Rides: Spring 2010

- All rides leave from Memorial Union, UND Campus, including travel to Turtle River SP for MTB.
- Helmets are required
- When posting, include date, time, expected route/length/duration (or TBD) and type of ride (road, mountain, around town, urban assault, hub, etc.).  Since some people don't have time to watch this thread all day, please try to have the time worked out before you post up.
- Anyone can post a ride.  This means you!

Terminology:
- No drop: the whole group rides as slow as the slowest rider.  Focus is on camaraderie and group skills (pacelines, rotations, three-man drops, etc.).  Applied to road rides.
- Around town: group ride on whatever bike you happen to feel like riding.  Focus is on exploration, hanging out, and usually finding something to eat.
- Training (or "not a no drop"): Road ride at an accelerated pace dictated by how the group is feeling or a training schedule.  If you can't keep up, you will get dropped off the back and may have to ride home alone (although we try to avoid these things).  Focus is on replicating harder race-pace efforts.
- Urban assault: Some people like to huck off of things; this type of ride is for them.  Focus is on hucking off of things.
- Helmet: that thing you wear on your head when you ride with UNDCC.

Click HERE to go to the most recent post in this topic and skip all the rides you've already missed!

You can now return to Mario's post,
Beek

I will be riding for around 2 hours with sprint workout in it. I will be leaving at 5:30. If you want to join me, post here and I will show up at the Union. If there is no post,  I will be leaving from my house.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 02:45:57 PM by Sal Atticum »
The minimum number of bikes one should own is three.  The correct number is n+1, where n is the number of bikes currently owned.  This equation may also be re-written as s-1, where s is the number of bikes owned that would result in separation from your partner.

Offline sanders

• UND
Re: Group Rides: SPRING 2010
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 01:28:46 PM »
i am going to go on an easy "one" hr ride at about 2:30 post if you wanna go, then i will leaving from the union other wise leaving from walsh
Alone you are an athlete but on a bike you are a rocket

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 01:33:56 PM »
A suggestion from an "armchair" observer: if all rides leave from the Union, more people will see you riding.  I know it's so much more work to swing by and hang out for five minutes, but let's try to stay consistent.

That said, I'm in no place right now to lead by example, so do what you will.
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline sanders

• UND
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 01:42:38 PM »
yes sir, doin it

Offline Alaska Unicyclist

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 02:16:37 PM »
yo mario, i'll ride with you at 5:30
"It never gets easier, you just get faster" - Greg Lemond

Offline Mario

• Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired
  • UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 02:51:41 PM »
yo mario, i'll ride with you at 5:30

At the Union at 5:30  :bananana:
The minimum number of bikes one should own is three.  The correct number is n+1, where n is the number of bikes currently owned.  This equation may also be re-written as s-1, where s is the number of bikes owned that would result in separation from your partner.

Offline Plantains

• I've succumbed to corporate level marketing ploys.
  • No you are the one that is stupid!
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 03:25:34 PM »
A suggestion from an "armchair" observer: if all rides leave from the Union, more people will see you riding.  I know it's so much more work to swing by and hang out for five minutes, but let's try to stay consistent.

That said, I'm in no place right now to lead by example, so do what you will.

It confuses me even more that this needs to constantly be repeated. I suppose I should just go ahead and repeat that we should be wearing our uniforms AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE for sponsorship fullfillments, look professional down university (as in paceline grouping, speed, etc.). etc. etc. etc. etc.

Everyone is ALWAYS in a position to lead by example. You don't need a bike or even to be on the ride to lead by example.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 03:26:33 PM by Guardrail »
Alaska Unicyclist: if you ban me, i'll set your complex on fire.... just a heads up

Offline Hollywood

• UND
  • Jesus is My Coach
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 04:36:07 PM »
Yeah, I'll go, I guess
at 5:30 that is
"You can have all the heart in the world, but it doesn't mean anything if you haven't got the legs"

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2010, 01:54:32 PM »
we still riding today at 4:30???

Offline Mario

• UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2010, 03:12:21 PM »
I'm sorry boiys, but something came up and I had to go earlier today (that is why I called you guys). Logan if you still want to do the  3 PIGS workout,then here it is:

20' warm up with two 75% sprints in it (10"-15" each);

30' at TEMPO effort (HR 145-155bpm), 10' recovery;

20' at LT effort (harder), (HR 155-165), and if you feel like ti sprint for 10"-15" every 5', but then you have to go back to the effort; 10' recovery,

Start with full sprint for 10"-15" sec and then go into HARD 5' (HR 165-175 ), then without recovery bring it down to TEMPO (HR 145-155) and continue for another 5', then without recovery go for 3' at LT (HR 155-165) , finish last 10" with full sprint.

Finnish back home easy. If Erik comes with you , you guys shout rotate every 1'. Try to go West into the wind (you will have to go South first to get to the Merrifield Rd.). It is 2-2.5 hour workout depending how much easy riding back home you want to have. Write it on the sticky note and tape it to your top tube. Good luck, see you at the meeting tonight.

Offline Toaster

• UND
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2010, 10:11:05 AM »
Anybody riding today? Thinking of going out for a short ride in a couple hours, or something.
Just try and step to UND Cycling if you wanna test your luck.

Offline sweatynready

• UND Cycling Club
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2010, 10:19:27 AM »
Thumbs up, let's do this.

Offline Toaster

• UND
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2010, 10:22:03 AM »
are you back from Rugby already?

You wanna meat at the Union at 12:30?

Offline sweatynready

• UND Cycling Club
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2010, 10:36:20 AM »
I'll bring all my bologna.

Offline Mario

• UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2010, 10:10:07 AM »
An easy ride today at 5:00pm, around 90min, leaving from the Union.

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2010, 12:52:55 PM »
when we riding today yo~?

Offline sanders

• UND
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2010, 01:00:28 PM »
i can go anytime after 2

Offline Toaster

• UND
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2010, 02:46:08 PM »
how about 3:30 at the union?

Offline sanders

• UND
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2010, 03:03:26 PM »
aight 3:30 it is!

Offline Mario

• UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2010, 03:12:04 PM »
Easy ride at 5:15. Meet at the union. 90min or so.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

anything
realistic