Author Topic: Parking permit boycott: think it could happen?  (Read 3019 times)

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
Parking permit boycott: think it could happen?
« on: November 20, 2009, 01:03:36 PM »
It's been announced this week that parking permits prices will be going up again, at least at UND (to what, I can't remember).  So people are complaining again.

How well do you think a boycott would work?  How many people do you think would participate?

It's sort of funny to me that people will complain about the price but they'll just keep buying a permit every year.  This is my second or third year without one: it can be done.
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline red hibiscus

• UND
Re: Parking permit boycott: think it could happen?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 01:54:04 PM »
Prices are going up again? Ridiculous. How much are they planning to steal from students/faculty next year?

I think people may be boycotting the increase already...the 3 lots surrounding my building are all noticeably emptier this year, compared to the past 4 years. In the past, you had to get to campus pretty early to fight for a spot in one of those lots. Now you can come at noon and there are 10 - 15 spots open. I don't know how other lots across campus compare though.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

realistic
anything