Author Topic: Gossip: Tom Buning resigns - what for, and who's next? (and do I care?)  (Read 6276 times)

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
So, really, does this matter?

UND Athletic Director Tom Buning resigns
Herald Staff Report
Published Wednesday, November 07, 2007
UND Athletic Director Tom Buning has resigned.

The resignation was announced this morning.

"Tom Buning is leaving the University of North Dakota. I believe Tom has significantly assisted UND in transitioning the Athletic Department to Division I, and I thank him for his many efforts and accomplishments here," said Phil Harmeson, UND Vice President for General Administration. "We wish him and his family well as Tom moves on to the next phase of his career."

Buning came to UND in July 2005 after having served as Associate Athletic Director at the United States Military Academy.

"I want to thank President Kupchella and the people at UND for giving me a chance to be your Athletic Director and take this wonderful Athletic Department to the next level, Division I," Buning said in a prepared statement. "Through hard work we have made many changes to the structure of the entire program and moved it forward. Dramatic accomplishments have taken place. North Dakota will benefit from our work for years to come. We are thankful for how warmly our family has been embraced by the community. Most importantly, Debi and I are thankful for the opportunity we had to work together as a team to support the great students and teams at UND. We wish everyone well as we move on," said Buning.
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
So what does that mean for UND?
CampusDakota.com

Offline goon

• UND
So what does that mean for UND?

It means were are getting a new athletic director, and Tom made the Good Ole Boys at UND mad.

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
Is there something they're mad about, besides the obvious fact that they hired someone who has no respect for his job?

(and hey goon, glad you're posting again!)

Offline goon

• UND
Is there something they're mad about, besides the obvious fact that they hired someone who has no respect for his job?

Busy, Busy, trying to hunt as much as I can and parent a new 4 month old. I am not in the know but I know there are a lot of people around town that were really mad at Bunning the hiring of the Woman hockey coach was supposed to be the end of Bunning, I had heard way back in the summer that Bunning was on his way out. Kind of looks like Wanless redue.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 05:15:25 PM by Sal Atticum »

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com

Busy, Busy, trying to hunt as much as I can and parent a new 4 month old. I am not in the know but I know there are a lot of people around town that were really mad at Bunning the hiring of the Woman hockey coach was supposed to be the end of Bunning, I had heard way back in the summer that Bunning was on his way out. Kind of looks like Wanless redue.

Good luck with the newborn
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 05:15:35 PM by Sal Atticum »
CampusDakota.com

Offline goon

• UND

Good luck with the newborn
Thanks, being a parent is hard work, but a lot of fun. it is so cool when you child looks at you and smiles.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 05:15:46 PM by Sal Atticum »

Offline JakeJZG

• SHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    • tl;dr
Do you think this was mainly Cupcake's doing?
Use Windows?  Want to know a better way?
Come join the East Dakota Linux Users Group!
http://talk.campusdakota.com/index.php?board=111.0
http://www.tldr.de/~edlug/

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
Who is Cupcake?

Offline JakeJZG

• SHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    • tl;dr
The university President.
Use Windows?  Want to know a better way?
Come join the East Dakota Linux Users Group!
http://talk.campusdakota.com/index.php?board=111.0
http://www.tldr.de/~edlug/

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
Re: Gossip: Tom Buning resigns - what for, and who's next? (and do I care?)
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2007, 10:36:40 PM »
Durrrr.

Why didn't I get that?

I think Buning shot himself in the foot.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

anything
realistic