Author Topic: Do you ever get sick of it all (politics)?  (Read 3202 times)

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
Do you ever get sick of it all (politics)?
« on: October 04, 2009, 01:17:38 PM »
I do.  I want to be knowledgeable about the whole mess of issues I think are important, but I'm just so beaten down by everything going on.  It just makes me apathetic and feel like I can't contribute in any way.

How does everyone else deal with it?
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline Plantains

• I've succumbed to corporate level marketing ploys.
  • UND
  • No you are the one that is stupid!
Re: Do you ever get sick of it all (politics)?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 02:06:40 PM »
I complain alot?
Alaska Unicyclist: if you ban me, i'll set your complex on fire.... just a heads up

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
Re: Do you ever get sick of it all (politics)?
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 02:24:36 PM »
We all complain about it a lot..but that doesn't really accomplish anything anymore.  If you complain to your friends, they complain to their friends, who complain to their friends, and they all complain back to you.  If you tend to surround yourself with people with whom you agree most of the time, no minds are being changed and nothing is being accomplished.  Everyone right now seems to be sitting on their ass saying "The other side is bad, is evil, is stupid, doesn't understand, is just in it for the money, is a hypocrite, whatever" rather than trying to come to some sort of agreement (or talk about the real issues).  Then even if people do talk about the issues, it doesn't go anywhere.

There's so much misinformation around, and people seem to suck it right up and spit it back out like it was the complete and utter truth.  I'm all over the place right now in complaining, but I'm just confused as to where the money stops and the politicians start. 
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

anything
realistic
anything