Author Topic: Sick of UND being a buisness & making money off their employees  (Read 2944 times)

Offline jesseb

• UND
  • wind blows
I'm not too sure how relevant this is, but here goes my rant... I have been employed by UND for a few years now, but until recently it was only part time, used to drive shuttle buses, now I'm flight instructing at the airport. It's quite obvious that UND makes money off their students, but their employees/faculty too? I have to wear a uniform, that I can pretty much only buy from UND (its a polo shirt) and they cost $25-30! Not huge, but I was just informed that I NEED to buy an "A" parking permit, which makes sense, since I'm not a student, but why the hell does it cost more than a student's permit? Why do I even need to pay for a permit, what other workplace charges their own employees (more than their customers) for a parking permit?! Here I am trying to pay back student loans and UND still wants to take my money! I saw on a different thread that you can appeal parking tickets... does anyone know how to go about doing this? Sorry for the rant, but it just seems like UND tries to make money anybody and everybody.

Offline Plantains

• I've succumbed to corporate level marketing ploys.
  • UND
  • No you are the one that is stupid!
Re: Sick of UND being a buisness & making money off their employees
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 09:08:14 PM »
baderade. thats bulsh.

Do you actually NEED to buy an A permit? couldn't you just take the bus? Furthermore though, I thought I heard about people having to give A permits back? Thus implying that they were given to them?

You should just buy a UND patch or something or get a marker and write UND on a polo. It would be way better.
Alaska Unicyclist: if you ban me, i'll set your complex on fire.... just a heads up

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 11:38:58 PM »
Well thats really stupid.  I always did find it interesting that they charge employees to park.  I have never worked anywhere where they did this, but I wonder if its common elsewhere (large cities)?  I know alot of employers in large cities discourage driving to work through various means...
CampusDakota.com

Offline netgeer

• UND
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 12:18:36 PM »
i dont by park permits cuz my roomate can drive me 2 class when i go 2 class lol

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

realistic