Author Topic: Bike sale help  (Read 1231 times)

Offline sweatynready

• UND Cycling Club
Bike sale help
« on: February 06, 2012, 10:22:26 pm »
Yo,

Karin has been looking for a Vaya, that means she has to sell her current bike. Is asking $1100 too much for this? Frame is in great shape, no scratches just the usual missing Surly stickers. Nearly everything is new (2011) except for the wheelset and derailleurs.

here's a non-specific build list:
54cm Surly Pacer Frame
Bontrager Select Wheelset:
Sram Rival Crankset
Tektro R538 brakes
Sram Team BB
old Cane Creek headset
PG1050 cassette (12-26)
Force RD (2010 model?)
Force FD
Apex levers
110mm Salsa  Promoto Stem
Stella Azurra  Monza seatpost
Stella Azurra  Profi handlebars
Origin 8 700x25 elimin8r tires
old Bontrager Saddle

Would it sell easier with a new wheelset? I've got a set of AC hubs and HED belgian rims that haven't been laced up.
Would it be easier to sell if I parted it out? I could use some of the parts for a vaya (crank, levers).  I think I have enough stuff lying around that I would only need a new cassette, RD, FD, and disc 29er wheels. And I have a good source of some inexpensive decent wheels.
Thoughts/suggestions?

Offline OUWxGuesser

• UND
Re: Bike sale help
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 10:56:21 pm »
Why can't you use the Force components? I feel like there may be enough there you can just part out of the stuff you don't need (frame, etc.) and build up the vaya?   

Offline Plantains

• I've succumbed to corporate level marketing ploys.
  • No you are the one that is stupid!
Re: Bike sale help
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 11:53:26 pm »
Just put it on ebay with .01 cent bidding and no reserve. If you don't get what you want... just have some brodude outbid at the end.

Or be a man and let the free market determine the price?
Alaska Unicyclist: if you ban me, i'll set your complex on fire.... just a heads up

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple?:

realistic
anything