NSCC had a meeting on Tuesday night at the Boardwalk. Did you miss us?
We talked about
- The Flugly
, a mountain bike race in Moorhead on Saturday
, a 12-hour mountain bike race at Turtle River State Park at the end of October
- The lack of bike infrastructure in the plans for the Columbia Road work
--special report from Jason on a meeting with City engineers
- Getting more UND students involved and helping (if needed) get the UND club
back up and running. (Why have a club? Because UND will give you money to drive places to ride bicycles. The process is easy, get in touch if you're a student and don't know where to start.)
- Crowdfunding and collaborating with the City to get more repair stands around town
- People have been riding and racing! Lots of stories from hot Minnesota fondos to hot Maah Daah Hey action to bikepacking
- Getting people to ride through crossover from other sports. Potentially having some "track racing" even though we don't have a velodrome in town. Hockey players, why don't you ride bicycles with us?
- Might show up at the UND Community Expo on Wednesday (separate from the Student Involvement Expo on Sunday night, which is new) and hang out by the repair stand. Anyone interested?
- Opportunity to show up at Alley Alive on Wednesday night, too.
- We have a really shoddy group ride schedule. How can we make things more available to new people/visitors/anyone who wants to find people to ride with?