Author Topic: Group Rides: FALL 2009  (Read 93058 times)

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
Re: Group Rides: FALL 2009 - WEEKDAYS at 5:15 at the UNION
« Reply #140 on: October 05, 2009, 04:49:39 PM »
I will be there to help take flyers down.

Blast, I forgot to charge my GPS unit batteries.
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline sanders

• UND
« Reply #141 on: October 05, 2009, 04:52:41 PM »
 :pottytrain3: :pottytrain2:
Alone you are an athlete but on a bike you are a rocket

Offline Mario

• Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired
  • UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #142 on: October 06, 2009, 03:29:57 PM »
I don't think I will be able to make a ride today. i actually propose to cancel the rides for this week since we are doing the sponsorship drive and that takes some time form the daily schedule-just a suggestion.
The minimum number of bikes one should own is three.  The correct number is n+1, where n is the number of bikes currently owned.  This equation may also be re-written as s-1, where s is the number of bikes owned that would result in separation from your partner.

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #143 on: October 06, 2009, 04:06:08 PM »
I will also be unable to go today--but this is normal, since I have lab on Tuesdays.

Offline Plantains

• I've succumbed to corporate level marketing ploys.
  • No you are the one that is stupid!
« Reply #144 on: October 06, 2009, 04:10:05 PM »
No need to cancel. If people are still feeling like a ride, they can use this post to meet up. Moreso, lets let people know (this is me letting them know) the REASON that we have been very low key lately, is that this week and to a lesser extent next, will be our sponsorship drive. That is to say that every team member is extremely busy.

Hold it down for us UNDCC... hold it down.
Alaska Unicyclist: if you ban me, i'll set your complex on fire.... just a heads up

Offline Mario

• Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired
  • UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #145 on: October 08, 2009, 09:52:58 AM »
I think I'm going to try and ride this afternoon. It's going to be cold, so if you decide to show up bring jacket, gloves, long pants, hat, thick socks(your feet will get really cold otherwise ). I'm serious about  all this. You will get colder faster than you think when you ride bike!. 5:15 at the union. If you show up without appropriate gear you, will be sent home. If something changes,  I will post here.
The minimum number of bikes one should own is three.  The correct number is n+1, where n is the number of bikes currently owned.  This equation may also be re-written as s-1, where s is the number of bikes owned that would result in separation from your partner.

Offline Plantains

« Reply #146 on: October 08, 2009, 11:42:28 AM »
Winds should be dying down between 6p and 8p. Clouds will be going up (briefly) so you should have some sunshine on your backs. Today is a great day to ride!
Alaska Unicyclist: if you ban me, i'll set your complex on fire.... just a heads up

Offline Alaska Unicyclist

« Reply #147 on: October 08, 2009, 04:45:42 PM »
i will not be riding today, due to lack of warm clothes/ HW. have a nice time gents
"It never gets easier, you just get faster" - Greg Lemond

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #148 on: October 09, 2009, 01:39:55 PM »
Who is planning to go on the fun ride today?  I think DF and I are planning on going out to try some sponsors about that time.

Offline Mario

• UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #149 on: October 09, 2009, 02:49:49 PM »
I will not be able to make it. Plus it is SNOWING NOW!! This world is coming to the end!!

Offline Mario

• UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #150 on: October 14, 2009, 01:21:05 PM »
If it is not raining/snowing at 5:15 I will be going for an hour of easy riding, most likely on the bike path. If you plan to show up, post here. Otherwise I will leave form my house.

5:15 easy one hour ride. Helmets and warm clothing mandatory! Don't underestimate cold temps!

Offline Plantains

« Reply #151 on: October 14, 2009, 02:24:38 PM »
Not to rain on your parade... but bring something waterproof as I'm expecting precip to start between 3 and 5.

Its currently precipitating at higher altitudes, but not making it to the ground around GFK... according to my information.

Offline Plantains

« Reply #152 on: October 14, 2009, 03:07:08 PM »
Goddamn I'm good.

Offline Mario

• UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #153 on: October 14, 2009, 03:16:44 PM »
I hate you...

Offline Plantains

« Reply #154 on: October 14, 2009, 03:25:57 PM »
Don't hate me brother. I'm tryin to fly airplanes u know... I just call it as I see it.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm anticipating winter to end and fall to begin next week... ie. temps going back into the 50's and 60's! Maybe even some flipping SUNSHINE!

SO keep those tires inflated ladies.

Offline Mario

• UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #155 on: October 17, 2009, 01:00:38 PM »
Boys and Girls. I'm gong for an easy loooooong ride tomorrow morning at 9:00am. If you want to come along, please let me know. The temps should be in mid 50's for high, but in the morning will be colder. You HAVE to bring warm clothing with you: gloves, long pants, wind breaker, wool socks, etc. If you need a piece of clothing, let me know, I most likely have it and can let you use it (except for socks and underwear). Leaving form the Union.

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #156 on: October 18, 2009, 10:06:40 AM »
I am hoping to go for a ride on the Greenway and/or around town this afternoon at about 3:30 if anyone would like to join.  Please post if you are planning on going.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 11:49:17 AM by Sal Atticum »

Offline Plantains

« Reply #157 on: October 18, 2009, 01:06:44 PM »
Ted is looking for people to go MTB with as well. He has no internet so give him or myself a ring.

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #158 on: October 18, 2009, 02:41:30 PM »
If there is interest in MTB at Turtle River this afternoon, I can drive.  Open on details right now.

Offline sanders

• UND
« Reply #159 on: October 18, 2009, 03:34:28 PM »
Im innskiii, when do you plan on leaving?
Alone you are an athlete but on a bike you are a rocket

anything
realistic