Author Topic: The Freshman/New rider INFORMATION Thread.  (Read 1859 times)

Offline Plantains

• I've succumbed to corporate level marketing ploys.
  • No you are the one that is stupid!
The Freshman/New rider INFORMATION Thread.
« on: August 25, 2009, 12:24:27 PM »
First let me just say welcome to UND and that I hope things are going along swimmingly during your first week of classes. We all know that its a tricky thing to do transitioning to college life and I decided to make this post just to simplify our message board (which can sometimes have a learning curve).

This post will essentially detail the next 2 weeks as far as whats planned regarding cycling and the cycling community in the GFK.

Wednesday 8/26 - From 10-3 In front of the Union there will be a student involvement expo. We have a table their and many if not all of our members will be present. I strongly urge you all to stop by and say whats up. Introduce yourself and talk about bikes with us.

Thursday 8/27 - There will be a nice easy road ride leaving from the same place at the Union at about 6pm. It will be setup as a slower type ride so that there is more conversation and everyone and ANYONE can take place and have fun. We don't care how fast you are or how nice (or crappy) your bike is. We just want to give the new people an opportunity to get involved.

Friday 8/28 - We'll be having a fun ride that will leave from the Union about 5pm and ride downtown and grab a bite to eat at one of the many great local establishments the GFK has to offer. Bring any bike you want (and a lock if you have one) some money etc. etc. This ride/dinner will be a get to know everyone type of ride as well with a little more hangout and shoot the crap type of attitude over dinner.

Saturday 8/29 - There will be another road ride leaving from the Union at 11am. We know it might be early, but we have a race on Sunday that members will be trying to get out to. Again, this will be a casual conversational pace intended for introducing and getting to know the new people.

Sunday 8/30 - Sunday is MTB (Mountain Biking) day. The ride will be at Turtle River State Park. We know you don't know where it is, we'll probably meet at the Union again and load bikes into vehicles and drive people out there (unless you're a psychopath... then don't come  :evil6: ) If you're interested in MTB riding, let us know in here as it gets closer, that way we can aptly plan for space.

It is absolutely not required that you make any or all of these events but if you're interested in becoming a member of our club we obviously would like to see you out there. If you're interested in looking at the team... well... we obviously are looking for some form of commitment from you so use your head.

As always EVERY SINGLE RIDE helmets ARE REQUIRED. We WILL send you home.

If there are questions, post them here and some of the club members or team members will answer them shortly.

Also, keep an eye out as next weeks schedule will be posted as well once we get an idea of what we're looking at.

Cheers... Ride safe.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 12:25:21 PM by Guardrail »
Alaska Unicyclist: if you ban me, i'll set your complex on fire.... just a heads up

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

anything
realistic