Author Topic: Build my own or get a ready one...  (Read 13999 times)

Offline Mario

• Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired
  • UND
  • Crossing around
Re: Build my own or get a ready one...
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2010, 09:41:38 PM »
THAT IS AWESOME!
The minimum number of bikes one should own is three.  The correct number is n+1, where n is the number of bikes currently owned.  This equation may also be re-written as s-1, where s is the number of bikes owned that would result in separation from your partner.

Offline Mario

• Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired
  • UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2010, 11:45:27 AM »
Quick update: I used my Cane Creeks wheels and put tubular cross Tuffo tires on it. The build is officiaily done.
The minimum number of bikes one should own is three.  The correct number is n+1, where n is the number of bikes currently owned.  This equation may also be re-written as s-1, where s is the number of bikes owned that would result in separation from your partner.

Offline Toaster

• UND
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2010, 10:54:50 AM »
Let's see some pics Mario.

I'm sure you figured this out by now, but a new chain should be long enough for your cross bike. If you are trying to put on an old chain off of one of your road bikes, it's likely that it will be too short because the road bike is going to have shorter chainstays (found this out the hard way with my cross bike).

P.S. this is the first time I have read this thread... sorry.
Just try and step to UND Cycling if you wanna test your luck.

Offline Mario

• UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2010, 10:57:23 AM »
Thanks Yost. Yeah, I will try to get some pics up here. If you read the post "More Green exposer in Iowa" you should find some pics form racing I did on this bike. Back then it didn't have the Cane Creek wheels on.

Offline Mario

• UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2010, 05:34:08 PM »
OK, you asked, so here they are. The pics of my blueberry muffin. Specs:
Cannondale Optimo frame
Sram Rival groupo
Cannondalce C3 handle bar
Cannondale C3 seat post
Shimano PRO Vibe 7 Thor Hushovd series
Bontrager Race light seat
Tektro 270 canti breakes
Cane Creek Aerohead TI Spkoes Tubular wheel set
Tuffo T28 Pro tires

Pictures bellow. The last pic is of a guy I raced during Halloween race.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Toaster

• UND
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2010, 06:13:32 PM »
Now the question is, what did you dress up as for the halloween cx race mario?

I hope you won the contest for most skin!

and who puts a computer on a cx bike?... seriously.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 06:17:12 PM by Toaster »
Just try and step to UND Cycling if you wanna test your luck.

Offline Mario

• UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2010, 06:35:47 PM »
He,he,he. It's simply for my HR data. I use this bike for training in a dark, cold and wet. Like my Wednesday ride at 7 pm on the gravel with the team form Iowa City. Two hours with lumens coming only from our lights.

Offline Alaska Unicyclist

« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2010, 09:39:16 AM »
You just couldn't stay away from that sexy Cannondale frame I had, I see how it is.
"It never gets easier, you just get faster" - Greg Lemond

Offline Mario

• UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2010, 08:35:29 AM »
You just couldn't stay away from that sexy Cannondale frame I had, I see how it is.

Fine, you got me...

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

realistic
anything