Author Topic: Crocodile Hunter Video  (Read 4972 times)

Offline amyc

• NDSU
Crocodile Hunter Video
« on: September 09, 2006, 01:40:06 PM »
Since the death of Steve Irwin, there has been a lot of discussion about whether or not the video of his last moments should be made public.  Since he died shooting a documentary, his death was captured on film.  Some believe that the clip should be destroyed and others say that it should be available for viewing. 

Anyone got an opinion??

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
Re: Crocodile Hunter Video
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 01:40:57 PM »
Since the death of Steve Irwin, there has been a lot of discussion about whether or not the video of his last moments should be made public.  Since he died shooting a documentary, his death was captured on film.  Some believe that the clip should be destroyed and others say that it should be available for viewing. 

Anyone got an opinion??

Do people really need to see someone die... I say no!
CampusDakota.com

Offline Mystikclaw

• NDSU
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2006, 01:46:55 PM »
I know for a fact that Animal Planet is going to finish the documentary he was working on. And I beleive they said that they are going to use most of the footage of Steve right up to the last moments. I doubt they will show him die but they might use the part where he gets stabbed by the tail and him pulling the barb out.

I think most of us would have done the same thing when something gets poked in us (pull it out!) but who knows if he would have been able to be saved if he would have left it in. Pulling it out did more damage on the way out than it did going in.

I think Steve would have wanted the documentary shown no matter what. It is what he lived for.

Offline KwietStorm

• NDSU
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 12:15:52 AM »
Steve pulling the barb out?

I heard he died instantly..?

Offline Mystikclaw

• NDSU
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2006, 12:21:54 AM »
Steve pulling the barb out?

I heard he died instantly..?

Instantly after he pulled the stinger out.

Offline KwietStorm

• NDSU
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2006, 12:27:37 AM »
got'cha. Thanks

Offline ajekt

• NDSU
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2006, 10:44:01 AM »
Well I suppose it wouldnt have done him any good to leave it in?
N-D-S-U ... Goooooo Bison!

Offline ge_bjf007

• NDSU
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2006, 08:47:25 PM »
What a sad day  :'(
Go Bison!

Offline Mystikclaw

• NDSU
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2006, 09:51:54 PM »
Well I suppose it wouldnt have done him any good to leave it in?

Maybe, maybe not.

The stinger is serrated and the barbs face backwards (like a fishing hook) and are on both sides of the stinger. So when pulled out the barbs tear and rip on the way out making the wound much worse. Plus when you remove a penitrator, it opens the wound and allows blood to flow freely that was held back by whatever was in you.

We are trained as medics to leave whatever is penitrating in the patient no matter where it is (thigh, intestines, eye...) and secure it so it does not move or get bumped on transport.

But like I said above it is a human's first reaction to pull out whatever just jammed into you.

Do I leave it in or take it out?!? Do I leave it in or take it out!?!

Offline HDnE gal

• NDSU
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2006, 04:48:52 PM »

Anyone got an opinion??

I heard about this.  I think that it should ultimately be up to the family whether or not any of this coverage would show.  And if they do show it, I hope the people who chose to watch it do it for the right reasons, not entertainment.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

realistic
anything