Author Topic: R.I.P. LeRoi Moore  (Read 3747 times)

Offline red hibiscus

• UND
R.I.P. LeRoi Moore
« on: August 20, 2008, 11:15:22 AM »
For any Dave Matthews Band enthusiasts, today is a sad day...

Saxophonist in Dave Matthews Band, LeRoi Moore, dies

LOS ANGELES (AFP) — Saxophonist LeRoi Moore, founder of the US rock group the Dave Matthews Band, has died from complications related to an earlier accident in an all-terrain vehicle, the band said Wednesday.

The band went ahead with a scheduled concert in Los Angeles on Tuesday evening and dedicated the performance to Moore, who was 46, US media reported.

"We are deeply saddened that LeRoi Moore, saxophonist and founding member of Dave Matthews Band, died unexpectedly Tuesday afternoon, August 19, 2008, at Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center in Los Angeles from sudden complications stemming from his June ATV accident on his farm near Charlottesville, Virginia," the band said on its website.

"LeRoi had recently returned to his Los Angeles home to begin an intensive physical rehabilitation program."

Hours after Moore's death, Dave Matthews told the audience at Tuesday's concert that his bandmate "gave up his ghost today," adding: "and we will miss him forever," according to the Orange County Register newspaper.

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5jekhSkdUMWgk7zeNiha18hCYX00Q

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
Re: R.I.P. LeRoi Moore
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 01:15:43 PM »
Thats too bad :(
CampusDakota.com

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

anything
realistic