Author Topic: Fargo Fire Department unveils NDSU tribute  (Read 3536 times)

Offline ajekt

• NDSU
Fargo Fire Department unveils NDSU tribute
« on: September 12, 2007, 02:42:14 PM »
Fargo Fire Department unveils NDSU tribute

The NDSU Bison mascot has been incorporated into the new logo for Fargo Fire Department’s north side station, located at 1101 25th Ave. N. The new logo, affixed to a fire truck and the station’s overhead door, was unveiled on Sept. 6.

Fargo Fire Chief Bruce Hoover and NDSU President Joseph A. Chapman introduced the symbol, which portrays the station’s role in keeping the university safe with the words “Protecting the Herd.”

The idea of the Fargo stations adopting a neighborhood theme was originally suggested about a year ago, with the north side station choosing NDSU.

“When the firefighters raised this issue, it is hard not to get excited having the NDSU logo,” Hoover said. “The firefighters are proud to be Bison supporters, so we really appreciate this.”

“We are tremendously flattered for the honor that has been bestowed here,” said President Chapman. “Obviously we rely on the Fargo Fire Department for an incredible amount of service and support. All our faculty, students and staff—maybe 20,000 people on a day to day basis—look to this station and this department for protection.”

Capt. Terry Wagner, noted that this is the first time that the Fargo Fire Department has adopted a theme for one of its stations. “While this has been done throughout the country in other departments, this is new to our service here,” he explained. “The logo will bring the station an identity in the area it serves, and now will be recognized as a symbol of community spirit.”

Sadie Anderson <[email protected]> - 231-8326

http://www.ndsu.nodak.edu/news/index.php?ID=913&func=publish_article

N-D-S-U ... Goooooo Bison!

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
Re: Fargo Fire Department unveils NDSU tribute
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 08:10:27 PM »
Cool  8)
CampusDakota.com

Offline zman

• NDSU
Re: Fargo Fire Department unveils NDSU tribute
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 11:40:48 PM »
I thought I saw that driving around town.  Now I know I am not crazy.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

realistic