Author Topic: Fidel Castro retires! What does this mean for us?  (Read 3186 times)

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
Fidel Castro retires! What does this mean for us?
« on: February 20, 2008, 08:19:58 AM »
I'm curious, people.  He says he's stepping down from power but will continue to fight for the communism he believes in.  The AP extolls the virtues of Cuba as a wonderland of equality in health care and living conditions.  What does everyone think?  Will we get on the next Cuban leader to change the government, or will we continue to sanction them? Will dealing with Cuba become something big on the national agenda, or will this go unnoticed in the battle for the next U.S. President?  Will the winner of the race greet Cuba with open arms, or will we continue to sanction them while keeping Guantanamo Bay on Cuban soil? 

Do you see hope for the future, or just more of the past?
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
Re: Fidel Castro retires! What does this mean for us?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 02:50:03 PM »
Well I think it will be primarily determined by what the new leader in Cuba does as well as who becomes the leader of the USA.  I think that we should keep an open mind, if the people of Cuba like their system then who are we to try to change it or say we wont trade for each others benefit, just based on differences of ideology.

I think we need to work on reaching out to more people, even if we disagree with them.  Hating people and what they do or dont do doesnt get us very far.  I think our country needs to work on being more accepting of others and working on our differences.
CampusDakota.com

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

realistic
anything