Author Topic: Howdy from UND Cycling  (Read 36723 times)

Offline Plantains

• I've succumbed to corporate level marketing ploys.
  • No you are the one that is stupid!
Howdy from UND Cycling
« on: March 07, 2008, 05:16:51 PM »
Hello all.

Welcome to our message board! Post and introduce yourself... what kind of cycling do you do? etc. etc.

This board represents the UND Cycling Club which also represents the UND Cycling Team.

Our mission is to help promote cycling and the cycling lifestyle on and around the UND campus and around the Grand Forks area. If anyone has any gripes about cycling stuff... post up. We have crazy power! I saw Toaster move a fridge with a broken hand once!

Anyways if you have any queries about cycling this is the place.
Need a bike tune? We can help!
Need a ride? We can help!
Need help on ur math hw? We can help!
Need someone to evaluate the diversification of your stock portfolio? We can help!
Wanna get in shape? We can help!
Wanna go back in time? We can do that!
Wanna know what the gain ratio is on a 40x14 gearing setup? We can help!

Anything bike related... post it. And enjoy.

Thanks for stopping by!
Your "friendly" moderator.  ::)
Guardrail.

Also, PLEASE visit our sponsors and let them know that as a cyclist you appreciate them helping the further development of our club.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 01:18:37 PM by Guardrail »
Alaska Unicyclist: if you ban me, i'll set your complex on fire.... just a heads up

Offline Mario

• Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired
  • UND
  • Crossing around
Re: Howdy from UND Cycling
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 01:48:53 PM »
I'm in  ;D
The minimum number of bikes one should own is three.  The correct number is n+1, where n is the number of bikes currently owned.  This equation may also be re-written as s-1, where s is the number of bikes owned that would result in separation from your partner.

Offline Cuervo

• Viva Cuervo!
  • UND
  • I am especial
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 09:47:43 PM »
I will break you....and I am in

Offline Plantains

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 10:08:33 PM »
What the heck are you lugnuts talking about how ur in? Where did it even say something about being in?

Hahahaha. Damn.
Alaska Unicyclist: if you ban me, i'll set your complex on fire.... just a heads up

Offline Mario

• Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired
  • UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 10:17:59 PM »
Yo!What is your problem??Want to take it outside?! :yost:
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 06:36:39 PM by Guardrail »
The minimum number of bikes one should own is three.  The correct number is n+1, where n is the number of bikes currently owned.  This equation may also be re-written as s-1, where s is the number of bikes owned that would result in separation from your partner.

Offline Plantains

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 10:24:34 PM »
Mario... you should get a super cool Avatar (picture on the left)

Something like this...

^ cutthroat. Thats hustler.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 10:25:22 PM by Guardrail »

Offline Flutterbye

• UND
  • Skeletor rides again!
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2009, 11:12:02 PM »
Here's a quick-start guide to the many different cyclists you may run into as a part of this club, Try to see if you can find at least one of each:
http://solonbicycle.com/page.cfm?pageID=139
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 11:12:36 PM by Flutterbye »
If you're overweight, we're towing away your car.

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2009, 10:52:28 PM »
Nice Tiff!

I have to comment that the Trailbuilderus Avidifferus Proficienatus is missing a machete.  Pshaw.

JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline Plantains

Offline Cycleguy

• UND
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2009, 07:14:34 PM »
Hi, just wanted to introduce myself, i am a freshman this year.
I ride a Shwinn cruiser , but have a road raceing bike, which needs work.
this summer i usually road 10-25 miles nearly every day.
i am also excited to join the club.

Offline Sean

• UND Cycling Club
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2009, 10:20:40 PM »
Hey, I am new to biking but got hooked on triathlons this summer and have really enjoyed the biking.  So, being a full time college student (for too many years now) with virtually no income, I did the only logical thing and spent a ton of money on a new bike. I try to ride as often as possible which is usually around 3 nights a week.  I have met a few of you before through tri's as well as previous years in college and would like to join the crew and learn a little bit about biking at the same time.  Look forward to future rides with you all.

Offline curlingDave

• UND
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2009, 07:52:06 AM »
Welcome, guys!  Check the Group Rides thread each afternoon to see if there's a ride, and show up if you're able.  Rides are usually at about 5:30, leaving from the union.
Life is complex.  It has a real part and an imaginary part.

Offline sweatynready

• UND Cycling Club
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2009, 10:45:44 AM »
Hello,

MBK tells me I should introduce myself. I'm relatively new to cycling, converted an old frame to a fixed over the winter and have been commuting with that all summer.  Would also like to put some miles on the road bike this fall. Looking forward to meeting some of you on group rides.

Offline Tcb03c

• UND
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2009, 04:42:19 PM »
Greetings,

I stopped by the booth today and met some of you, and wanted to say hello. I just moved to GF from Tallahassee FL. where I received my undergrad degree in geology, and also raced collegiate for the team at Florida State University. I've been riding and racing for about 5 years now road and off road with a mountain bike preference (too bad I moved to GF). On road I raced Collegiate B, including Crits, TT, TTT, and road races. Off road I raced collegiate A's XC and qualified individually for nationals last year I think. I also worked as a mechanic at a local bike shop, so I can offer any destructive advice that most of you probably already know.

I look forward to meeting y'all on the ride tomorrow, and hopefully not getting dropped, and learning what ND cycling is all about.

-Ted B.

Offline Mario

• UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2009, 07:42:32 PM »
Greetings,

I stopped by the booth today and met some of you, and wanted to say hello. I just moved to GF from Tallahassee FL. where I received my undergrad degree in geology, and also raced collegiate for the team at Florida State University. I've been riding and racing for about 5 years now road and off road with a mountain bike preference (too bad I moved to GF). On road I raced Collegiate B, including Crits, TT, TTT, and road races. Off road I raced collegiate A's XC and qualified individually for nationals last year I think. I also worked as a mechanic at a local bike shop, so I can offer any destructive advice that most of you probably already know.

I look forward to meeting y'all on the ride tomorrow, and hopefully not getting dropped, and learning what ND cycling is all about.

-Ted B.

Welcome Ted, we are glad to have you. If you wish to continue your racing adventure, then we are more than happy to have you on our team. We are looking forward to ride with you in the nearest future.  :cheers:

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2009, 01:06:15 PM »
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline Plantains

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2009, 03:52:10 PM »
It was the same issue with the email, website, facebook, UND... everything.

Offline redtailin

• UND
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2010, 12:21:04 PM »
Hey guys-
I'm Ben...Ive been lurking here for a while and thought I would register and introduce myself.
Ive met a few of you already, looking forward to riding with you all occasionally.  Im no racer or anything, but Im always up for a little cruising around town or something.

Mario-Thanks a ton for building me some lockring pliers for the SS.
3 gears of single speed....sit, stand, walk.

Offline Plantains

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2010, 02:19:47 PM »
Phelps... u just did an adventure race :colbert:

Offline redtailin

• UND
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2010, 04:25:37 PM »
let me rephrase that....I dont road race, and never done a mtn race.
However, I would like to get into that huge mountain scene we have 'round these parts
3 gears of single speed....sit, stand, walk.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

anything
realistic