Author Topic: Go vote! Get your absentee ballot and don't stand in line!  (Read 5677 times)

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
Go vote! Get your absentee ballot and don't stand in line!
« on: September 22, 2008, 10:53:33 AM »
http://www.nd.gov/eforms/Doc/sfn51468.pdf

IMPORTANT:  To find out where to send your ballot application, go here and click on County Election Administrators.

UPDATED:  This is a NON-PARTISAN application for an absentee ballot in North Dakota.  It comes directly from the ND government, and it does not affiliate you with any particular political party.

When you receive your absentee ballot, you can sit on your couch, look up the candidates and the measures, and decide who best represents you.  Then send it in, and on Election Day, you can spend your time making sure that everyone you know is going to vote, or campaign for the candidates of your choice.  This is a real timesaver!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 01:57:33 PM by Sal Atticum »
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
Re: Go vote.
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 03:44:18 PM »
Nice find.

I am still a bit at odds with the fact that we don't have to register to vote in ND.
CampusDakota.com

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 04:29:34 PM »
You will be voting in ND, though, right?  Or is Iowa more important in the grand scheme of things?

As an aside, how does it feel to be so important in the electoral process? :)

For those who still aren't sure:
If you sign up to get an absentee ballot, you don't have to stand in line at the polls on November 4th.  This saves you time, money, and stress.  It's not just the Democrats who are pushing this sort of thing this year, it's the Republicans as well.  There is absolutely NO REASON not to vote in the presidential election, people, so get off your ass and do it!

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 01:42:33 AM »
Well I have voted in ND in the past, but it seems like Iowa will be more of a tossup than ND this year.  So some would say it would be more important for me to vote in Iowa.

In all honesty it is pretty cool being so "important" in the electoral process.  Iowa has a huge influence especially within the primary and caucus season.

Of course one downside is that they show probably more ads than any other place. I remember 4 years ago every 5 or so commercials was related to the election, it was ridiculous, sometimes ads were played more often than that.

But it is cool comparing how different parts of the country experience different things with the election process.
CampusDakota.com

Offline Admiral Ackbar

• UND
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 01:34:43 PM »
What if I don't want to vote?  Isn't it my right to not vote if I don't want to vote?

I really don't know if I like anyone this year.  It doesn't seem like it's worth voting.
IT'S A TRAP!!!!1!

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 05:53:58 PM »
What if I don't want to vote?  Isn't it my right to not vote if I don't want to vote?

I really don't know if I like anyone this year.  It doesn't seem like it's worth voting.

You do have the right to not vote, but you also have the right to vote. I would suggest you consider the latter.  Look at both major tickets and learn about their issues, platform, etc.  See how they match up to your own thinking.  Go out and vote in what you believe in.

Also, remember that you can always vote for things other than the Pres. and VP.

You have the opportunity to vote, many other people do not.
CampusDakota.com

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008, 01:55:24 PM »
I've updated the topic to direct you to the official ND absentee ballot request form.

http://www.nd.gov/eforms/Doc/sfn51468.pdf

IMPORTANT:  To find out where to send your ballot application, go here and click on County Election Administrators.

UPDATED:  This is a NON-PARTISAN application for an absentee ballot in North Dakota.  It comes directly from the ND government, and it does not affiliate you with any particular political party.

Offline Admiral Ackbar

• UND
Re: Go vote! Get your absentee ballot and don't stand in line!
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2008, 10:45:41 AM »

You do have the right to not vote, but you also have the right to vote. I would suggest you consider the latter.  Look at both major tickets and learn about their issues, platform, etc.  See how they match up to your own thinking.  Go out and vote in what you believe in.

Also, remember that you can always vote for things other than the Pres. and VP.

You have the opportunity to vote, many other people do not.

It all seems like a lot to do when I'm a fulltime student.
IT'S A TRAP!!!!1!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

anything
realistic