Author Topic: UNL Race News (April 16-17 2011)  (Read 4234 times)

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
UNL Race News (April 16-17 2011)
« on: April 18, 2011, 07:49:16 AM »
Road race results: http://nc-cycling.com/?p=101
TTT results: http://nc-cycling.com/?p=103

I hope to hear some race reports from you guys  :evil6:

Did anyone take a snapshot of the crit results this weekend or last?
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline Plantains

• I've succumbed to corporate level marketing ploys.
  • No you are the one that is stupid!
Re: UNL Race News (April 16-17 2011)
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 12:10:48 PM »
MILLSY!

All around nice work there squad!

Howd it play out?
Alaska Unicyclist: if you ban me, i'll set your complex on fire.... just a heads up

Offline Andrew Mills

• UND
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 04:57:21 PM »
The weekend was great.   Everybody put out a good show.  It was to bad that Jordan dropped his chain on the last lap, otherwise he would have been way up there too.  Other than that the TTT went well and logan and sanders carried me and jordan along well and we were able to clinch 3rd.  The course was fun and had some good hill workouts mixed in. 

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 11:39:23 AM »
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline Riley

• UND
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 12:26:36 PM »
All I have to say about the crit results is  :banghead:

Offline Mario

• Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired
  • UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 02:38:13 PM »
Well done boys. Keep up the good work. Jordan, next time ride fixed gear bike  :evil6:
The minimum number of bikes one should own is three.  The correct number is n+1, where n is the number of bikes currently owned.  This equation may also be re-written as s-1, where s is the number of bikes owned that would result in separation from your partner.

Offline Plantains

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 12:52:17 AM »
All I have to say about the crit results is  :banghead:

Jordan... don't get frustrated. While you've got experience, this is a new kind of racing for you. Even if it's "the same" its different. Racing D's is such a crapshoot... one day you might go out and get away just because the D riders got confused... the next, they might chase everything down all day long.

Just remember to learn and apply. The wins will come with time.
Alaska Unicyclist: if you ban me, i'll set your complex on fire.... just a heads up

Offline Plantains

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 12:54:39 AM »
And don't think that anyone on the team has any less respect for you just because you aren't placing. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Offline Riley

• UND
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2011, 01:28:38 AM »
It's not so much that... I was referring to the officials messing up the results for last Sunday's crit... not a big deal but they somehow just happened to miss a bunch of riders coming across the line and I got stuck being tied for 12th with 6 other riders when I really got 7th. Not like it makes that big of a deal and I'm not worked up or anything but it does make me appreciate timing chips that much more  :evil6:

Offline Mario

• Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired
  • UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2011, 09:25:56 AM »
yeah, you Minnesotans are so spoiled with the timing chips :P . Is Mike D still in charge of the timing events?
The minimum number of bikes one should own is three.  The correct number is n+1, where n is the number of bikes currently owned.  This equation may also be re-written as s-1, where s is the number of bikes owned that would result in separation from your partner.

Offline Plantains

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2011, 11:13:16 AM »
Why didn't you protest the results? If you went and explained to the official and other riders explained to the official they should've sorted out the results?

Offline Riley

• UND
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2011, 01:26:13 PM »
Yes Mike is still in charge... crazy guy. And I did protest but because they didn't even see who came across the line they weren't going to do anything about it. They said they forgot to turn the camera on at the start of the race and by the time they realized it wasn't on they didn't even bother to turn it on?? I don't know something like that anyways. Maybe next time I cross the line I'll point to the official, make eye contact, and scream just to make sure they see me  ;D....and also how do they not catch the only kid riding a blaze orange bike?   :tongue:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

realistic
anything