Author Topic: Triathalon training  (Read 2606 times)

Offline trekguy

• UND Cycling Club
Triathalon training
« on: December 03, 2009, 05:42:40 PM »
Hey have any of you guys done a triathalon? if so what kinda training routine did u undertake? I wanna do one next summer and im thinking i should probably start training for it now.

Thanks

Offline Plantains

• I've succumbed to corporate level marketing ploys.
  • No you are the one that is stupid!
Re: Triathalon training
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 05:54:47 PM »
oh noes.
Alaska Unicyclist: if you ban me, i'll set your complex on fire.... just a heads up

Offline Mario

• Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired
  • UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 01:32:29 PM »
There is few of us that did triathlon here and there. For the training it all depends on what you your expectations are and how much time you want to commit. Now is the good time to start getting ready. Work on your weakest part of the three disciplines the most and go from there. From the specific training programs, you can find a lot online, some are free, some you have to pay for. Just so you know, triathlon workouts are demanding and time consuming.
The minimum number of bikes one should own is three.  The correct number is n+1, where n is the number of bikes currently owned.  This equation may also be re-written as s-1, where s is the number of bikes owned that would result in separation from your partner.

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 01:44:30 PM »
There is few of us that did triathlon here and there.

Mario jests.  He just did a half ironman this fall.  Myself, Hollywood, and Sanders have all done triathlons in the past as well, and Guardrail I believe cut his teeth on duathlons.

I agree with Mario's general plan.  What is your background--more cycling, more running, more swimming?  I usually go into the summer with more cycling training from road season, very little running since running is something I've been doing for years (and I have confidence in), and no pool training (time issues, plus I hate swimming laps).  I highly suggest pool training if you want to feel good, it sort of sucks if you feel like crap right from the beginning of the race.
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline Plantains

• I've succumbed to corporate level marketing ploys.
  • No you are the one that is stupid!
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 07:17:36 PM »
Beek is right. I did dueys. I liked them at the time but my training was probably not too helpful.

I basically did what I liked to do and went from there although I was much younger... like 19 or 20. I would usually ride during the day and run at night, then I started doing brick workouts as appropriate.

Everyone is right tho...
Alaska Unicyclist: if you ban me, i'll set your complex on fire.... just a heads up

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

anything
realistic
anything