Author Topic: Just got back to cycling....Anyone watchin the TdF?  (Read 2930 times)

Offline trekguy

• UND Cycling Club
Just got back to cycling....Anyone watchin the TdF?
« on: July 03, 2011, 07:23:27 PM »
Sup lads, just got back into cycling a couple months ago after taking a layoff(way too busy). Anyway, anyone here watching the Tour de France? Pretty crazy start to the race yesterday! Contador lost 1:20 getting caught up in a couple crashes, and lost even more today in the team TT. Should be an interesting race...

Offline OUWxGuesser

• UND
Re: Just got back to cycling....Anyone watchin the TdF?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 08:31:16 PM »
Was watching the first stage yesterday. Talk about an epic way to end the first stage.  I wonder how the spectator feels?

As for the TTT today, man do they haul ass.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 08:31:58 PM by OUWxGuesser »

Offline trekguy

• UND Cycling Club
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 07:38:38 PM »
Yea the team time trial was definately sweet. Those guys were goin balls to the wall for a heckuva distance....Pretty interesting race so far, except it seems that the guys who attack late in the race tend to get eaten up by the peloton by the time the stage is all said and done...

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 08:44:54 PM »
You mean the breakaways, or you mean the guys who try to go out with 1-2km to go?

With a breakaway, there's always that chance you can ride away with a win, which is enough for most people to try it if they're feeling good (and usually not up in the overall classification).  With attacks really late...well, sometimes you can lead your teammates out enough, sometimes you can't.

Saw Farrar take Stage 3 on Monday, that was a pretty hectic finish for everyone.  I hear today was a lot cleaner with Cavendish throwing down.
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline trekguy

• UND Cycling Club
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 10:00:57 PM »
Na, a pair of guys broke away with like 25 km to go and ended up getting caught by the peloton and were eaten up. The last 5 km or so today was pretty intense. Cavandish had a pretty sweet stage victory today.

Offline Plantains

• I've succumbed to corporate level marketing ploys.
  • No you are the one that is stupid!
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 12:02:46 AM »
They get cought because of race radios.

Cav and boon got Jaoquin relegated for his ridiculous sprinting AGAIN! Boon got relegated too, as much as I don't really care for him (at least he just uses coke and not dope :eyeroll:  )he didnt deserve to get relegated today... he was pushing back from JJs nastiness.

In short... the sprints have been awful. Like... cat 5 field sprint awful with the way people are riding.

Contador shouldve never been riding where he was riding when he got crashed up. His fault all day long. If youre a GC all rounder with a climb specialty... why are you anywhere past mid pelo?

Thor is having the greatest tour... his heart is really in it.
Alaska Unicyclist: if you ban me, i'll set your complex on fire.... just a heads up

Offline Plantains

• I've succumbed to corporate level marketing ploys.
  • No you are the one that is stupid!
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 12:04:33 AM »
Get into fantasy cycling with us if anyone wants. I'm on road.cc

You can happily join our league (Felt East) or something to that effect... if you register... post up here (or pm me) and I'll get you a team invite! Then you can say you race for Felt Bicycles. lol.
Alaska Unicyclist: if you ban me, i'll set your complex on fire.... just a heads up

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

realistic