Author Topic: New Runway  (Read 3926 times)

Offline Red

• UND
New Runway
« on: September 25, 2007, 11:59:59 PM »
A new runway primarily for UND aerospace training will be built at the Grand Forks International Airport with funds approved by the U.S. Senate.

Senators Byron Dorgan (D-ND) and Kent Conrad (D-ND) secured the funding in a bill, which allots $2 million for the new runway.

It will be an east-west runway for fixed-wing aircraft and helicopter training.

"This idea has been actively considered for the last five or six years, and had been in the back of everyone's minds for probably the last 20 years," said Steve Johnson, executive director of the Grand Forks Regional Airport Authority. "We just had to wait for the funding to come through."

Johnson also said that since the new runway will be too short for the airlines to use, most of the use will come from UND students.

"We are building this primarily for UND, but it can also be used for other general aviation uses as well," he said.

"This new runway will give us a larger training presence in the air," said Frank Argenziano, assistant director of aviation safety. "The airport already has two north-south runways, but only one east-west runway. So if the wind is coming out of the east or the west, we only have that one runway to use."

Dorgan, alumni to get award

Recipients

Senator Byron Dorgan, D-N.D., graduated from UND in 1962 with a bachelor's degree in business administration from the College of Business and Public Administration. He is currently serving his third term in the U.S. Senate. He says that receiving the award means a lot to him.

"It is a great personal honor for me. I have wonderful memories of attending UND," he said. "UND was the beginning of my higher education experience and the most important part of it. I learned a great deal and matured a great deal at UND."

Senator Dorgan gets the tax payers to foot the bill for a new runway that benefits only UND, thanks, here is a Sioux Award.  Sounds like they watch a lot of The Soprano's over there in Twamley.  What ever happened to Paul Boswell?
100 percent of everything is attitude

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
Re: New Runway
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 08:33:35 AM »
Yeah, what's going on?  Why is the U.S. Senate paying for a runway in North Dakota that will only primarily benefit students from one University?

I wonder what I have to do to get a Sioux award.
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 01:34:58 PM »
I think he could have worked to get something better in ND, instead of "wasting" time on this.  IE: more jobs
CampusDakota.com

Offline JakeJZG

• SHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    • tl;dr
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 09:23:32 AM »
Yay for Unconstitutional Pork!
Use Windows?  Want to know a better way?
Come join the East Dakota Linux Users Group!
http://talk.campusdakota.com/index.php?board=111.0
http://www.tldr.de/~edlug/

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

anything
realistic