As all good things must come to an end, so does summer break. I introduce to you the Fall 2010 ride topic; as always, please read, think, and click on the answer.
Official Group Rides: Fall 2010
- All rides leave from Memorial Union, UND Campus, including travel to Turtle River SP for MTB.
- Helmets are required
- When posting, include date, time, expected route/length/duration (or TBD) and type of ride (road, mountain, around town, urban assault, hub, etc.). Since some people don't have time to watch this thread all day, please try to have the time worked out before you post up.
- Anyone can post a ride. This means you!
- No drop: the whole group rides as slow as the slowest rider. Focus is on camaraderie and group skills (pacelines, rotations, three-man drops, etc.). Applied to road rides.
- Around town: group ride on whatever bike you happen to feel like riding. Focus is on exploration, hanging out, and usually finding something to eat.
- Training (or "not a no drop"): Road ride at an accelerated pace dictated by how the group is feeling or a training schedule. If you can't keep up, you will get dropped off the back and may have to ride home alone (although we try to avoid these things). Focus is on replicating harder race-pace efforts.
- Urban assault: Some people like to huck off of things; this type of ride is for them. Focus is on hucking off of things.
- Helmet: that thing you wear on your head when you ride with UNDCC.