1. Beek (but I will probably be all over the place)
2. Lauren (only for 1:30 race) course marshal
3. Andrea (afternoon) registration and marshal first race
4. Michael (only for 2:30 race) course marshal
5. Yost (all day) prep, course marshal, teardown
6. New Logan (all day) prep, course marshal, teardown
7. Karin (all but one race) registration, course marshal,
8. James (all day?) course marshal
9. Aaron (all but one race) course marshal
10. Mrs. Aaron (at least Aaron's race) course marshal
11. Adam (if not working) prep, course marshal, teardown
12. Joe (all day) registration, course marshal, teardown
13. Jordan (all day) prep, course marshal, teardown
14. Mills (all but one race) course marshal
Volunteer assignments will probably change as time goes on; we'll try to make it so you don't have to stand out in the cold for the whole afternoon.
If you aren't volunteering, I'm assuming you're racing!
This is where planning will happen for our 2nd annual Bikecicle race. A lot of this stuff may be obvious to me and to others, but I want to make "how this works" as understandable as possible to newer club members who want to help out with the organizing. If you are interested in helping organize, let me know and we'll figure some stuff out together.Old info:Bikecicle 2010Bikecicle 2009
(cancelled)Winter schedule (so far):
January 30th: Fargo icebike race
January 31st - February 2nd: Arrowhead 135
February 6th: Winnipeg icebike race (unconfirmed for 2011)
February 12th: Bikecicle
February 26th: END-ITItems:
- Saturday, February 12th 2011, during the Grand Forks Winterfest
- First race at 1:30, registration for all races from 12:30 to 1:15.
- Course will be in approximately the same place as last year: north of the Blue Moose on the East Grand Forks Greenway.
- Course will involve snowy paved trail (which may or may not be icy at the time) and off-trail sections through deep snow.
- Division will be based on number of laps--probably three laps for advance and one lap for beginners, although a two lap option may be feasible this year.
- USAC or not is to be determined.
- We should have insurance either way, under the Winterfest umbrella or through USAC.
- A USAC race will be better-publicized to all USAC members in the area.
- A USAC race will cost us more due to hiring an official (unless one of us gets an officiating license before then).
- I am unsure still whether entry fees will cost more as a USAC race; I will contact people who know better.
- This race will require a number of volunteers, and this is one thing that people can begin lining up now. There will be road crossings involved, so I'm serious when I say that if we don't have an excess of volunteers, club members will not be racing because they will have to work.
- We did registration and awards at The Blue Moose last year, who is now our title sponsor. I need to make sure with them that it is okay for us to set up there again. This is an important detail that needs to be worked out before we can get flyers out.
- Schwag was purchased at The Ski & Bike Shop last year as well as for our recent cyclocross series. We will need to see if they are willing to give us a good discount again. People seem to like it when we give stuff away.
- Need to determine whether we want to run races together or separate. USAC will probably want to run things separately since it makes it easier to figure out who is in what race (well, obviously). The issue we ran into with cx this fall is not making it clear that some racers may have to wait around for their race after registering.
- Budget will be up as soon as I figure out what we can do with USAC/non-USAC.
- The City Council meeting to give us money or not for this event (from the Urban Development office) is on December 6th, so hopefully we will know soon after that whether we are getting matching funds. They are recommending that we get $600 for this event (we asked for $700 in our proposed budget).