Author Topic: Science!  (Read 5730 times)

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
Science!
« on: February 08, 2011, 08:15:50 AM »
http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/192778/

1.  I am glad they are reporting stuff like this.  It helps me have faith in our future.
2.  They shouldn't have to report stuff like this, because ideally going outside and doing science should be an obvious part of any science class.

Thoughts?
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
Re: Science!
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 11:48:25 AM »
It should be common place to go outside and learn as a part of a science class, unfortunately it is not.  I am not exactly sure why its not more common, perhaps it has to do with laziness or lack of being able to design a curriculum that incorporates it?  I remember in 7th grade we learned a lot outdoors as a part of the science class, but besides that we very rarely went outdoors.  What about everyone else, did you learn outdoors?
CampusDakota.com

Offline Admiral Ackbar

• UND
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 01:25:01 PM »
What about those of us who aren't scientists?  I mean, if we are never going to be paid to do science, why do we need to learn how to do it?
IT'S A TRAP!!!!1!

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 06:37:04 PM »
What about those of us who aren't scientists?  I mean, if we are never going to be paid to do science, why do we need to learn how to do it?

I am a big advocate of having a base knowledge or at a least understanding of a wide variety of topics.  Science in general would be included.  A base knowledge/understanding of a wide variety of topics would make us a better nation in which we have more informed people.  Much of things in life are interconnected.  Having a basic understanding of various science topics will help you in many other areas and in your life in general.
CampusDakota.com

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

anything
realistic
anything