Author Topic: Anyone else hate cooking and want easy meals to make?  (Read 5893 times)

Offline gh

• CD Team
Anyone else hate cooking and want easy meals to make?
« on: September 29, 2011, 10:05:41 PM »
One thing I really dislike is cooking, especially when it's only for 1-2 people and I think it's a lot easier to cook for a large amount of people, so I've been trying to find more crock-pot and simple meals with no prep. It also seems like it gets to be so late in the day, by the time you get home from work, run errands, and the last thing you want to do is cook. That's why it's so easy to grab those boxed and prepackaged meals without much thought......What are your thoughts?

Here's a recipe I got from a friend that is really simple. No prep required!

Chicken Soup
2 cans black beans (I rinse before adding them)
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can Mexican stewed tomatoes
1 can of the small tomato sauce
1 small can of green chiles
1 cup salsa
3-4 frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts
(yes, you can add them completely frozen and then when they are cooked, just pull them out and shred them with a fork)

Cook on low for 4-6 hours. I like to add cheese to the soup right before I eat it, but that's optional. :)

What are your thoughts? Do you have any simple recipes that you'd like to share?

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
Re: Anyone else hate cooking and want easy meals to make?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 10:21:00 PM »
I love simple, for all of the reasons you mentioned.  Crockpot meals are super awesome because they are so easy and clean up is fast.  I will have to try that one gh.  Everyone please share as I am looking for some ideas! Thanks  ;D
CampusDakota.com

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

anything
realistic