Author Topic: Flash Mob  (Read 2810 times)

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
Flash Mob
« on: December 03, 2008, 06:47:29 PM »
Here's one of the earlier flash mob activities: finger-gun fight!  Video below by Chris Kuse.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDwiQXWVHTE[/youtube]
Quote from: Sean Lee
12 Noon, Behind the Union (in front of O’Kelly)

Good morning! If you are like me, you’re checking your facebook the first thing in the morning (and/or last thing at night.) Allow me to remind you that the huge flashmob is today at noon, in front of the Union. I hope you had a wonderful election night last night!

Finger-gun fight, folks. At five before noon, hide somewhere around the Union quad. When the bells chime noon, look for me (Asian kid in the red jacket) pull a finger gun on bob (kid in the green sweatshirt).

At that point, RUN to the center and draw your gun to whomever you wish. Hold your fire please.

I’ll make the first shot (selfishly.) Fire away after that.

Remember, two shots to die, reloading takes about three seconds, die dramatically.

Huge props to those who wear a Guy Fawkes mask.

When it’s all over, I’ll pop up and start cheering. Join me (so I don’t look like an idiot.) We’ll then plan our next mob. (I’m thinking a pillow fight or freezing. I’m open to suggestions as well!)

Today's event: freeze!  My video is below (I was the guy with glasses and the maroon jacket).
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUl47XDtV34[/youtube]

You can get the raw footage (in case you want to add music or make a montage or something) here.

Quote from: Sean Lee
First off, get back to work. Enough facebook already (we all know your on tonight because your procrastinating on that project/speech/paper.)

A fellow mobber, Aaron Ullman offers the following mob tomorrow. Please take note and participate. I'll be there!

"From 11:55-12:00 On Wednesday, Dec. 3rd, another organization that I am in called STLF (Students Today Leaders forever) is doing a flash Mob Freeze on the main floor of the Memorial Union. At exactly 11:55, we will all freeze as we are going about our buisiness as we are either passing through or whatever. At 12:00 we will all simultaneously unfreeze and continue on with our buisiness as if nothing happened.

We want as many people to participate so everyone is invited.

...By the way, we are synchronizing our watches/ cell phones with the clock behind the SIGN AND DESIGN desk on the main floor of the Memorial Union. Check your watch 10-15 seconds before the freeze so that you can countdown slowly in your head instead of having to stare at you cell phone or watch as you freeze."

So, to recap.

Tomorrow, Wed the 3rd
11:55-12:00 (According to the Sign and Design) desk.
Get the hell out of there afterwards.

As usual, pictures and/or video posted afterwards would be very much appreciated.

Practice safe mobbing!
-Sean

Now... Get back to work!

There are other videos, but they sre stuck in Facebook and I don't know how to get them out.
For more information on flash mobs at UND, visit the Facebook group.
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
Re: Flash Mob
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 12:34:04 PM »
Gotta be careful with the gun one on a college campus.

Nice work though!
CampusDakota.com

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

anything
realistic