Author Topic: StarCraft  (Read 8080 times)

Offline northdakotastate

• NDSU
StarCraft
« on: May 24, 2006, 05:43:11 PM »
I still havent caved in and bought it yet, what does everyone think of the game?

Offline ajekt

• NDSU
Re: StarCraft
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2006, 10:53:48 PM »
It is a sweet game.  People are still playing it after almost 10years.  Pay $10 and buy it!!
N-D-S-U ... Goooooo Bison!

Offline zman

• NDSU
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 03:47:44 PM »
It is a sweet game.  People are still playing it after almost 10years.  Pay $10 and buy it!!

I agree, it is a most excellent game.

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 01:26:21 AM »
I have played it and I like it.  I say give it a try.  I am sure you can get it really cheap on ebay, if not it is only $10 or so in the stores.
CampusDakota.com

Offline Mystikclaw

• NDSU
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2006, 12:40:11 PM »
It is truly a RTS that has stood up to the test of time. I bet it could go another 10 years and people will buy it.

Not only is multiplayer a blast but the single player missions of both the original and expansion are really fun. Great storyline also.

It makes me sad that they shelved Starcraft: Ghost for who knows how long. I would have loved to run around and see things in a 3rd person mode or first person mode.

We can only hope that in the near future they will have a suprise announcement that they have been working on and almost finished either Starcraft 2 or World of Starcraft!

Offline zman

• NDSU
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2006, 01:16:00 PM »
It is truly a RTS that has stood up to the test of time. I bet it could go another 10 years and people will buy it.

Not only is multiplayer a blast but the single player missions of both the original and expansion are really fun. Great storyline also.

It makes me sad that they shelved Starcraft: Ghost for who knows how long. I would have loved to run around and see things in a 3rd person mode or first person mode.

We can only hope that in the near future they will have a suprise announcement that they have been working on and almost finished either Starcraft 2 or World of Starcraft!

You know for some reason I never really got into the Single Player.  I played it a few times, but after playing online the early levels of the Single Player just seemed to slow and boreing.  I guess I could have kept at it, but multiplayer was so much fun.

I am not really sure what is going on with Blizzard, usually if a company makes a successful product they make more of the same, we didnt really see this with Starcraft (for some odd reason).  O well I guess we can just sit around and wait and hope.  :sad6:

Offline ajekt

• NDSU
StarCraft 2
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2006, 11:14:56 AM »

Take a look at the Star Craft 2 Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyW7LfKlyrI

Offline Mystikclaw

• NDSU
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2006, 06:49:28 PM »
Too bad that is a Command and Conquer mod....

Someday.

Offline thepontiff

• NDSU
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2006, 10:20:59 AM »
Speculation is that Blizzard will be announcing the next Starcraft in 2007:

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/08/24/blizzard-major-project-announcement-in-2007/

Offline bisonguy

• NDSU
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2006, 10:33:28 AM »
Speculation is that Blizzard will be announcing the next Starcraft in 2007:

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/08/24/blizzard-major-project-announcement-in-2007/

Why that would be nice, I wouldnt hold your breath.  They have taken too long to do anything, many of the people that were originally hooked on Starcraft have gone older and some have moved away from video games.  The thing I am confused about is why they didnt make a new one earlier.  They would have made tons of money on it, its not like it would be a hard sale.  If they didnt have a big enough team then hire more, who wouldnt want to work on a new starcraft.

BTW thanks for the link.

Offline thepontiff

• NDSU
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2006, 10:43:19 AM »
Its Blizzard not EA. If you look at all the games Blizzard has made they spend alot of time in development and it shows. I'm almost certain there will be a Starcraft announcement soon. The only thing we should be debating is if it will be Starcraft 2 or World of Starcraft.

Offline bisonguy

• NDSU
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2006, 10:49:19 AM »
Its Blizzard not EA. If you look at all the games Blizzard has made they spend alot of time in development and it shows. I'm almost certain there will be a Starcraft announcement soon. The only thing we should be debating is if it will be Starcraft 2 or World of Starcraft.

Well I am up for a debate, but its class time.

I will cast my vote for Starcraft 2 :)

Offline ajekt

• NDSU
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2006, 05:56:28 PM »
I wonder what World of Starcraft would entail?  Would it be like World of Warcraft?  I would prefer a remake similar to the original Starcraft, you know the classic RTS.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

realistic
anything