Author Topic: Meeting Friday Oct. 9th  (Read 5696 times)

Offline Aris

Meeting Friday Oct. 9th
« on: October 07, 2009, 03:26:55 PM »
Hey,
  We are going to have a meeting on Friday, October 9th at 3:30pm.  The meeting will be in the Memorial Room, which is on the second floor of the Union.  There are a lot of things to go over, so please make it if you can.  Also, it will be nice to see how many people we have in the club starting this semester.

I will try to post what we covered at the meeting here later on.

Aris

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
Re: Meeting Friday Oct. 9th
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 10:16:03 AM »
How was the meeting?  I was in class.
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline Aris

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 03:17:54 PM »
The meeting was ok, but there were very few people there.  Hopefully we can get a bigger turn out next time.  If anyone has any suggestions on better times please let me know.

Offline Aris

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 03:19:36 PM »
At the meeting, we basically covered the skinnyski race series and some training ideas.  Also, we will probably try to get some posters out to the dorms to see if we can get the word around that there is a ski club.  If anyone wants to help me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Finally, we still need to "hold elections."  Really we need a VP and Treasurer, both of which will help you get more involved but do not have to much responsibility behind them.

Offline Plantains

• I've succumbed to corporate level marketing ploys.
  • UND
  • No you are the one that is stupid!
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 04:15:44 PM »
Aris.

When the cycling club went through its last ressurrection, we only had 4 people show to the 1st meeting. We simply put our  names on the election form just so that they were there and we could have a club. Granted... everyone was willing to make something happen, but really... we just focused on consistency.

The club has grown substantially since.
Alaska Unicyclist: if you ban me, i'll set your complex on fire.... just a heads up

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 04:29:25 PM »
I believe XC Ski Club already has a constitution and have had officers previously (Aris?).

How are you guys handling communication as it is?  Do you all train separately, or do you rely on the emails that Will sends out, or a listserv, or something else?  Have you had any feedback on the message board?
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline Aris

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2009, 12:32:17 PM »
Yes, we already have a constitution and did have officers.  It is just that two of them left and kind of left the club in my hands.

We mostly get information out by using email, but only a few people ever seem to respond.  I have been trying to push campus dakota, but it has not taken yet.  It does not sound like people do not like it, they just seem a little hesitant to use it.

We do have group workouts, but they have not been "set" in the past.  I think we basically have a schedule that should work now, so we will see how it goes.  Otherwise, people just do their own workouts.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

anything
realistic
anything