Author Topic: Toe'ds and The University of North Dakota Cycling Present...  (Read 3402 times)

Offline Plantains

• I've succumbed to corporate level marketing ploys.
  • No you are the one that is stupid!
Toe'ds and The University of North Dakota Cycling Present...
« on: April 14, 2010, 01:42:03 PM »
Too Flat Too Furious!

May 1st and 2nd

See Flier Attached. (Just updated with official seal of approval from Larry Martin)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 05:03:04 PM by Guardrail »
Alaska Unicyclist: if you ban me, i'll set your complex on fire.... just a heads up

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
Re: Toe'ds and The University of North Dakota Cycling Present...
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 12:23:45 PM »
19 April 2010                               FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Contact:       David Cardarelli               Matt Burton-Kelly                   
Mobile:       716-435-7217                802-922-3696
Email:       [email protected]          [email protected]

TOE’DS AND UND CYCLING TEAM TO HOST ROAD RACE WEEKEND MAY 1-2
Conference Criterium Championship Included in Two Days of Racing

The University of North Dakota cycling team and Toe'ds (www.toeds.us) will be hosting three road race events for teams in the North Central Collegiate Cycling Conference (NCCCC) on the weekend of May 1-2, 2010.  Riders from Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa, and Minnesota will finish their regular season with two events (a road race covering 32 to 64 miles depending on category and a team time trial over 10 miles) on Saturday and the conference championship criterium (short track race) on Sunday.  

“We’re really excited to defend our 2009 conference championship title,” says David Cardarelli, President of the UND Cycling Club, “and we’re glad that we can invite everyone up to see what riding in Grand Forks is like.”  This is the first collegiate cycling road race weekend that UND has hosted in a number of years, although they have hosted an annual mountain bike weekend since 2008.  

In the road race (beginning at 10 AM Saturday), riders will compete en masse to finish the predetermined course in the fastest time.  Riders are broken down into racing categories depending on ability.  In the team time trial (beginning at 4 PM Saturday), each collegiate team will compete against the clock to finish as a group in the fastest time over a ten-mile out-and-back course.  Both Saturday races will begin west of Merrifield, ND.

The NCCCC criterium championships will take place encircling the Ralph Engelstad Arena in Grand Forks, ND on Sunday at 9 AM.  This is a mass-start race where riders complete the same short course as many times as possible within a given time limit; high speeds and tight corners make it a spectator favorite.  

Volunteers are requested to contact the team and spectators of all ages are welcomed and encouraged at all races.  Photographers and spectators can contact the club directly for more information about good locations.  The official race flyer and additional information are available from the UND Cycling Club website at http://www.und.edu/org/cycling and message board at http://undcycling.campusdakota.com.

The UND Cycling Club and Team is a recognized student organization at the University of North Dakota.  Their mission is to promote cycling and the cycling lifestyle throughout the Grand Forks area by holding scheduled rides, helping fellow students with bicycle maintenance, and representing UND in races throughout the region.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 12:38:40 PM by Sal Atticum »
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 02:25:48 PM »
Is it too late for the results to be added to the USAC website?  I just noticed they weren't up.
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline Plantains

• I've succumbed to corporate level marketing ploys.
  • No you are the one that is stupid!
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 11:03:54 PM »
Ummm... if it's possible to put up results, it should be possible? I'm certain that Mr. Guthart has the results, however so it would be in his hands? I know this because I had to forward them directly to him... Larry should have them technically as well, but I doubt if he actually "has them" namean? Email Mark? Or is there a way for us to just post them? I haven't looked... (at the site or... if I have the results handy) I'm sure I could work it out though.
Alaska Unicyclist: if you ban me, i'll set your complex on fire.... just a heads up

realistic
anything