Author Topic: University of Iowa Race Results (21-22 March)  (Read 3298 times)

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline Plantains

• I've succumbed to corporate level marketing ploys.
  • No you are the one that is stupid!
Re: University of Iowa Race Results (21-22 March)
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 10:16:27 AM »
LOL! Mario! You neglected to mention that Smezler was the KSU guy off the front. I thought he graduated. Anyways. He was national champion 2 years ago. Which means he either nat'd as a sophomore or he's a 5 year guy. Either way... he's gone to the USA Cycling development camp. For next time. What he does. You do. Easy.

And, for the record... you need 20pts. You got 4pts. Otherwise we need at least 25 starts in a field of 30 or more, with at least 10 top 10 finishes. Which won't be happening in collegiate, so get those points. If the fields stay small, its conceivable that we could get enough upgrade points by the end of the season. In fact, all of our cat 4's could with some careful point planning.

I'll start putting these tactics together after my stagecheck!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 10:20:57 AM by Guardrail »
Alaska Unicyclist: if you ban me, i'll set your complex on fire.... just a heads up

Offline Mario

• Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired
  • UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 11:48:37 AM »
So, I don't get to be counted (point wise) as Cat B rider?? I race in A/B so I have to try and score my points against A guys? How is that work. Because now it looks like I did not get nay points for RR because I was not in top 4 overall, and it looks like it does not matter that I took 2 in Cat B (I was told all the guys ahead were A's but apparently not). Plus,how did you come up with 4 points? Didn't I get only 2 points for Crit prime? Explanation?
The minimum number of bikes one should own is three.  The correct number is n+1, where n is the number of bikes currently owned.  This equation may also be re-written as s-1, where s is the number of bikes owned that would result in separation from your partner.

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 11:57:29 AM »
If you guys want to talk strategy, should I move this into the Team board?

Offline Plantains

• I've succumbed to corporate level marketing ploys.
  • No you are the one that is stupid!
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 01:20:35 PM »
Nah I meant we'll talk strats at the meeting.

Your points should count as placing 2nd overall as a B rider in the RR and the Crit. You may want to e-mail guthart to clarify this, or I'll email him if you like... just not right now.

No. I'm reading the rules right now. You're good.

From 4-3 you need 20pts in any 12 month period, or experience in 25 races with a min of 10 top ten finishes with fields of 30 or more, or 20 pack finishes in fields of 50 or more. 30 pts in a 12 month period is a force upgrade.

When applying for your upgrade you MUST include:

Race date.
Name.
Type of event.
Category.
Number of participants.
Placing.

So you would list something like.

3/22/09, Mario the polish cyclone, Road race, Category B/4, (# of B riders you started with), 2nd place Category B.

All road races must be equal to or over 25mi, and all crits must be equal to or over 20mi. Points as follows:
Field size 5-10. Same for RR and Crit. THIS NUMBER is how many B riders there are. BUT! If you win out an overall A/B race. OVERALL, then I would write whatever the TOTAL number of participants were (so A + B riders) because then in crits and circuits you'd get 4pts, and in a RR you'd get 7pts if the field was 11-20. You and I will sit down and review this, and I'll help you with your resume.

1st - 3
2nd - 2
3rd - 1

And it goes up from there.

I'm making a sub post about this in UNDCT.
Alaska Unicyclist: if you ban me, i'll set your complex on fire.... just a heads up

Offline nathan.barten

• UND
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 02:49:34 PM »
Nice work everyone!  Nice sweep of the women's side Tiff.  Mario and Eric, nice showing at the RR's.

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 03:22:28 PM »
Rankings are up!

Good job Mario, Sanders and Tiff for being out in front!

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 02:40:42 PM by Sal Atticum »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

realistic
anything