Author Topic: Cheesemakers create "Stilton" perfume  (Read 5895 times)

Offline northdakotastate

• NDSU
Cheesemakers create "Stilton" perfume
« on: May 13, 2006, 02:46:42 PM »
I might get this for my gf.

LONDON (Reuters) - Some say Britain's pungent blue-veined Stilton cheese smells of old socks. But its fans have turned the rare odor into a perfume.

The Stilton Cheese Makers Association commissioned an aromatics firm to create Eau de Stilton, described on the association's Web site as featuring a "symphony of natural base notes including Yarrow, Angelica seed, Clary Sage and Valerian."

"Blue Stilton cheese has a very distinctive mellow aroma and our perfumier was able to capture the key essence of that scent and recreate it in an unusual but highly wearable perfume," said an association spokesman.

The perfume will be available from www.stiltoncheese.com.

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsarticle.aspx?type=oddlyEnoughNews&storyid=2006-05-12T155213Z_01_L12640822_RTRUKOC_0_US-LIFE-STILTON.xml&src=rss

Offline zman

• NDSU
Re: Cheesemakers create "Stilton" perfume
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 03:43:29 PM »

LONDON (Reuters) - Some say Britain's pungent blue-veined Stilton cheese smells of old socks. But its fans have turned the rare odor into a perfume.

The Stilton Cheese Makers Association commissioned an aromatics firm to create Eau de Stilton, described on the association's Web site as featuring a "symphony of natural base notes including Yarrow, Angelica seed, Clary Sage and Valerian."

"Blue Stilton cheese has a very distinctive mellow aroma and our perfumier was able to capture the key essence of that scent and recreate it in an unusual but highly wearable perfume," said an association spokesman.

The perfume will be available from www.stiltoncheese.com.

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsarticle.aspx?type=oddlyEnoughNews&storyid=2006-05-12T155213Z_01_L12640822_RTRUKOC_0_US-LIFE-STILTON.xml&src=rss

Its the British.. need I say more.

Offline amyc

• NDSU
Re: Cheesemakers create "Stilton" perfume
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 09:26:33 PM »

Mmmm, I bet she would love it... we chicks love that old sock smell.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

anything
realistic