Author Topic: Gopher Game!!!  (Read 12725 times)

Offline chuckles

• NDSU
Gopher Game!!!
« on: October 15, 2006, 05:14:17 PM »
Do a lot of students plan on making the trip? I'm meeting up with some buddies down in the cities for the game. Should be a great came, and even greater if the Bison can come out with the win!!

Remember to wear GREEN to the game, our yellow blends with the gopher colors!

Offline zman

• NDSU
Re: Gopher Game!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 09:07:58 PM »
I know of a lot of people that said they are going.  It will be a great game, from what I hear there will be a huge NDSU crowd!

Thanks for the info on the green shirts!

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 12:24:29 AM »
I am thinking about going, if I can get off of work.

Cant wait to see the Bison smash some gophers.  ;)
CampusDakota.com

Offline ajekt

• NDSU
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2006, 12:27:07 PM »
The game is getting close  :o  :blob10: :blob10: :blob10:

Cant wait to get down to MN and show the gophers whats up!

N-D-S-U ... Goooooo Bison!

Offline WhiteRat

• NDSU
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006, 06:16:20 PM »
The game is getting close  :o  :blob10: :blob10: :blob10:

Cant wait to get down to MN and show the gophers whats up!

Doubtful. Although the Bison took out Ball State, Bison fans need to remember that the Gopher program is definitely not Ball State in any aspect. Granted, they are 2-5, but the Gophers are an established Big Ten team with legitamate talent who cuold easily be 4-3 right now.

Don't plan on catching MN sleeping either. True, most teams would scoff at the idea of a 1-AA school pulling off the upset. This team won't. After dropping 4 straight games, Mason won't let this team put thier guard down. They badly need a win; anything to get some bowl hopes instilled into this team.

It should be a fun game to watch and I expect the Bison to come out playing with something to prove but the Gophers are in a desperate situation and  I expect them to win convincingly, 42-21.

Offline ajekt

• NDSU
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 07:06:34 PM »
Doubtful. Although the Bison took out Ball State, Bison fans need to remember that the Gopher program is definitely not Ball State in any aspect. Granted, they are 2-5, but the Gophers are an established Big Ten team with legitamate talent who cuold easily be 4-3 right now.

Don't plan on catching MN sleeping either. True, most teams would scoff at the idea of a 1-AA school pulling off the upset. This team won't. After dropping 4 straight games, Mason won't let this team put thier guard down. They badly need a win; anything to get some bowl hopes instilled into this team.

It should be a fun game to watch and I expect the Bison to come out playing with something to prove but the Gophers are in a desperate situation and  I expect them to win convincingly, 42-21.

You would be surprised!
N-D-S-U ... Goooooo Bison!

Offline ge_bjf007

• NDSU
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2006, 07:49:39 PM »
Bring it.  This game is going to be so sweet.  Have you seen all the Bison pride around town!

Someone said that they saw people wearing Bison shirts on the Price is Right... how cool!
Go Bison!

Offline WhiteRat

• NDSU
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2006, 09:48:28 PM »
Bring it.  This game is going to be so sweet.  Have you seen all the Bison pride around town!

Someone said that they saw people wearing Bison shirts on the Price is Right... how cool!

I believe the Bison should be the ones bringing it. I fully expect Cupito to tear apart the Bison secondary. Have fun!

Offline ge_bjf007

• NDSU
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2006, 01:11:46 AM »
I believe the Bison should be the ones bringing it. I fully expect Cupito to tear apart the Bison secondary. Have fun!

Well im sure Cupito will have fun meeting Joe Mays.  Its gonna be an ass whopping!
http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=73726
Go Bison!

Offline WhiteRat

• NDSU
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2006, 02:18:06 AM »

Well im sure Cupito will have fun meeting Joe Mays.  Its gonna be an ass whopping!
http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=73726

You say it's going to be an ass whooping because you blank teams like Mississippi Valley State? Keep your head in the clouds all you want but you'll come back to reality when your precious Joe Mays and his Bison leave the Dome with thier tails between thier legs.

Meet Matt Spaeth, just one of Gophers that will tear your poor secondary apart:

http://www.gophersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=38606&SPID=3280&DB_OEM_ID=8400&ATCLID=260971&Q_SEASON=2006
« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 02:21:36 AM by WhiteRat »

Offline ge_bjf007

• NDSU
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2006, 05:04:18 PM »
You say it's going to be an ass whooping because you blank teams like Mississippi Valley State? Keep your head in the clouds all you want but you'll come back to reality when your precious Joe Mays and his Bison leave the Dome with thier tails between thier legs.

Meet Matt Spaeth, just one of Gophers that will tear your poor secondary apart:

http://www.gophersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=38606&SPID=3280&DB_OEM_ID=8400&ATCLID=260971&Q_SEASON=2006

No im not saying it because we beat MVS.  I am saying it because of people like you and the way we have been playing.

We could go back and forth all day comparing players, in the end it is going to be the ones with the most heart out there.

BTW, it looks like your little boy was getting caught by the Hawks.

Go Bison!

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2006, 05:58:17 PM »
Go Bison!  ;)
CampusDakota.com

Offline WhiteRat

• NDSU
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2006, 07:36:10 PM »
No im not saying it because we beat MVS.  I am saying it because of people like you and the way we have been playing.

We could go back and forth all day comparing players, in the end it is going to be the ones with the most heart out there.

BTW, it looks like your little boy was getting caught by the Hawks.

I doubt that "the ones with the most heart" are going to win this game. NDSU can bring all the heart they want to the field and that WON'T be enough. The Gophers have the advantage of having the more talented of the two teams and are in a must win situation. Mason knows this and the players know this as well. They will not come out flat. I'm glad these two teams are playing again but c'mon, let's try to be realistic here. All of those people who are living thier pipe dreams saying that the Bison are going to hand out an "ass whopping" on the Gophs need to come back down to reality. Remember, you aren't playing lowly Ball State and Joey Lynch.

People like me? Oh, you must be referring to rational and realistic thinking football fans who understand the game. Yeah, that's me.

And "little boy"? Only when the Bison can produce all-american talent at the real D1 level can you comment like that.

Offline ge_bjf007

• NDSU
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2006, 08:53:09 PM »
I doubt that "the ones with the most heart" are going to win this game. NDSU can bring all the heart they want to the field and that WON'T be enough. The Gophers have the advantage of having the more talented of the two teams and are in a must win situation. Mason knows this and the players know this as well. They will not come out flat. I'm glad these two teams are playing again but c'mon, let's try to be realistic here. All of those people who are living thier pipe dreams saying that the Bison are going to hand out an "ass whopping" on the Gophs need to come back down to reality. Remember, you aren't playing lowly Ball State and Joey Lynch.

People like me? Oh, you must be referring to rational and realistic thinking football fans who understand the game. Yeah, that's me.

And "little boy"? Only when the Bison can produce all-american talent at the real D1 level can you comment like that.

I guess we will wait and see, anything can happen.  Mind over body.

Yes, you are very rational and realistic :-X

The Bison produce much talent, they bring guys further then many other teams have.  Guys coming on to mn are already "great players", they do not move much respectively, Bison players on the other hand have come along way. 

BTW I grew up in Iowa so I can talk like that.
Go Bison!

Offline Mystikclaw

• NDSU
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2006, 04:23:39 PM »
I have to work today so I am watching it and it is just going great.

6-3 Bison at the half!

GO BISON!

Offline Mystikclaw

• NDSU
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2006, 05:54:40 PM »
Great game.

Saddly it was a loss at 9-10 with a blocked kick at the end.

Great work Bison really sticking it to anyone who doubted you guys could keep up with the Gophs.

Offline ge_bjf007

• NDSU
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2006, 06:19:23 PM »

Wow whiterat, you were a little off.  It was not even close to 42-21.  While Mn did win, it was barely a win. A D1AA came in and showed mn whats up.  It was a very close game, a game that we could have easily won.

Again "the ones with the most heart" was an important factor.  If you didnt notice we had a lot of "legitimate" talent.

GO BISON!!!
Go Bison!

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2006, 12:44:57 AM »
Great game by the Bison.  We went in there and played pretty well.  We lost on a few bad plays, but we held our own against a Big 10 team.

Way to go Bison on your effort and keeping the game close.

Go Bison

Some stats, more at http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=262940135&confId=43

Bison  Gophers

1st Downs   22   14
3rd down efficiency   7-16   4-13
4th down efficiency   0-1   1-1
Total Yards   381   249
Passing         238   150
Comp-Att   22-37   14-24
Yards per pass   6.1   5.8
Rushing   143   99
Rushing Attempts39   30
Yards per rush   3.7   3.3
Penalties   3-25   4-45
Turnovers   2   0
Fumbles lost   1   0
Interceptions thrown   1   0
CampusDakota.com

Offline zman

• NDSU
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2006, 01:40:15 AM »
I just got back ;)

Way to go Bison.  Nice game!

We will take them next year.

Offline bisonguy

• NDSU
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2006, 01:01:11 PM »
I have to agree with most of what you Bison fans said.  While we did not win, we went out there and played a really great game.  We kept the game close the entire game, it says alot for our team.

Despite the loss I am proud to be a Bison and to represent the State of North Dakota.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

anything
realistic
anything