Author Topic: Group Rides: SPRING 2010  (Read 45812 times)

Offline Plantains

• I've succumbed to corporate level marketing ploys.
  • No you are the one that is stupid!
Re: Group Rides: SPRING 2010
« Reply #100 on: June 12, 2010, 12:34:07 PM »
I totally missed this post or I probably would have gone...  If anyone has a bike trip planned this weekend let me know, I am new to GF and would love to take a trip around with someone so I didn't end up lost haha.  Let me know if you want to do something relaxing with a bit of tour guiding ;)

Hey Natasha... lots of people are out of town for races this weekend. My girlfriend and I may go cruising around if the weather clears up a bit. For those of you folks that aren't up for the faster rides both myself and more likely Beek will probably be getting some rides going (Beek is still waiting to get cleared by his doc)...

Not to say that others couldn't ride with you guys too.
Alaska Unicyclist: if you ban me, i'll set your complex on fire.... just a heads up

Offline Mario

• Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired
  • UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #101 on: June 15, 2010, 10:24:14 AM »
An easy ride today, 1-1.5 hours. Meeting at 4 in front of the Union. Helmets required.
The minimum number of bikes one should own is three.  The correct number is n+1, where n is the number of bikes currently owned.  This equation may also be re-written as s-1, where s is the number of bikes owned that would result in separation from your partner.

Offline Mario

• Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired
  • UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #102 on: June 15, 2010, 12:44:40 PM »
An easy ride today, 1-1.5 hours. Meeting at 4 in front of the Union. Helmets required.

As long as it's not raining any more.
The minimum number of bikes one should own is three.  The correct number is n+1, where n is the number of bikes currently owned.  This equation may also be re-written as s-1, where s is the number of bikes owned that would result in separation from your partner.

Offline Plantains

« Reply #103 on: June 15, 2010, 02:58:49 PM »
There will be showers all day. Scattered.
Alaska Unicyclist: if you ban me, i'll set your complex on fire.... just a heads up

Offline Hollywood

• UND
  • Jesus is My Coach
« Reply #104 on: June 16, 2010, 12:34:56 PM »
6pm. Union.
Merrifield TT for anyone who would like to join!

Dave...Your middle name is Patrick?!

And I did not do the 10hr nonsense.  I checked the weather after I was at your place and the forecast said rain all Saturday night and Sunday morning, and I felt like all your hard work would have been essentially ruined by a thick layer of mud.  I would, however, still like to repay you for your time in some fashion.
"You can have all the heart in the world, but it doesn't mean anything if you haven't got the legs"

Offline Plantains

« Reply #105 on: June 17, 2010, 01:20:47 PM »
6pm. Union.
Merrifield TT for anyone who would like to join!

Dave...Your middle name is Patrick?!

And I did not do the 10hr nonsense.  I checked the weather after I was at your place and the forecast said rain all Saturday night and Sunday morning, and I felt like all your hard work would have been essentially ruined by a thick layer of mud.  I would, however, still like to repay you for your time in some fashion.

Yes? Pasquale to be less specific. (but it says patrick on everything). Where u see my middle name? Not that I care.

You don't have to repay me at all, it was good chatting with you. Also, as any mountain biker will tell you, mud makes you go faster, and makes all bike parts work 100% irl.

Offline Plantains

« Reply #106 on: June 17, 2010, 04:55:19 PM »
Tomatoes. They're HERE!

Offline Plantains

« Reply #107 on: June 17, 2010, 05:33:34 PM »
Update: Those tornado sirens aren't because of tornadoes. They're because of Sram Red.

Offline Mario

• UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #108 on: June 21, 2010, 11:32:17 AM »
An easy ride today at 5pm, leaving from the union. About an hour long. Everybody is welcome. Helmets required.

Offline Mario

• UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #109 on: June 21, 2010, 01:25:27 PM »
I'm watching the weather right now and we might need to push this ride till 6 or 6:30. Stay tuned, I will let you know.

Offline Mario

• UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #110 on: June 21, 2010, 04:21:44 PM »
Scratch the ride. The weather does not look good. Too many tornados.

Offline Plantains

« Reply #111 on: June 21, 2010, 07:49:21 PM »
itt: Mario forecasts weather that doesn't exist. :P

Offline Jake C

• UND
« Reply #112 on: June 22, 2010, 02:26:32 PM »
Hey I will be riding from the Union at 6pm tonight if anyone wants to join, i haven't looked at the wind but i was thinking either thompson, airport, or to emerado depending on wind and number of ppl that join. No drop ride and i'm up for any type of ride!

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #113 on: June 22, 2010, 03:09:53 PM »
I will be going on a slow cruise this evening around 6.  People are welcome to join if they want to watch me ride a bicycle with crutches strapped to the back.

Jake C, I'll probably meet up with you but I can't go on a road ride yet...
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 05:03:57 PM by Sal Atticum »
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline Mario

• UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #114 on: June 24, 2010, 09:04:51 AM »
Easy ride today at 5:30, about an hour long. Leaving form the union. Helmets required.

Offline Mario

• UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #115 on: June 24, 2010, 04:36:17 PM »
Easy ride today at 5:30, about an hour long. Leaving form the union. Helmets required.

Pending the weather....

Offline Plantains

« Reply #116 on: June 24, 2010, 04:56:03 PM »
I'd anticipate convective activity scattered throughout the region until roughly midnight or 1 am.

Ninja edit... most likely it'll be wet the next 48hrs off and on.

Current: UPB2057E2058RAB2104E2126DZB2058E2104B2126E2128

haha... if you went 20 miles west or south, and started riding west or south from there you'd be ok for maybe... 3 hours tops. just fyi...
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 04:59:41 PM by Guardrail »

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #117 on: June 24, 2010, 10:54:33 PM »
There will be rides in July and August.  Click here for important info-->http://talk.campusdakota.com/index.php?topic=5239.0

Offline Mario

• UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #118 on: June 28, 2010, 10:17:35 AM »
An easy ride today at 5:30 leaving form the union. About 1-1.5 hours long. Helmets required. Everybody is welcome.

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #119 on: June 29, 2010, 02:27:23 PM »
I'll be up for a casual (probably greenway) ride around 6:15 this evening if anyone wants to join for an hour or so.  I'll stop off in front of the union.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

anything
realistic