Author Topic: The News  (Read 5373 times)

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
The News
« on: September 09, 2011, 07:46:17 AM »
I guess my question today is, when are newspaper editorialists (or at least the ones here in North Dakota) going to start taking advantage of all the technology we have today?

Obviously, this editorial has a whole slew of references to go along with it.  Why not add them to the text as hyperlinks?  Why not add them to the physical paper as footnotes, even if it was only to say that "this information can be found in the supporting online material on our website"?

The New York Times does this to some degree, but it could be more.  There is no reason the Grand Forks Herald can't follow suit, and we all might win out if they did.
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
Re: The News
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 08:47:12 PM »
Thats a good question.  Perhaps its too much work or they only want to do the minimum online?  Could it be they dont have the actual sources, they are just basing their post on something their remember hearing/reading?
CampusDakota.com

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

anything
realistic
anything