Author Topic: Anti UND Site  (Read 4453 times)

pmp6nl

Anti UND Site
« on: October 22, 2006, 03:20:39 PM »
Just wondering what everyone thinks of the following anti UND sites?

http://www.und-fraud.com/

http://www.undnews.com/

Offline jbaker

• UND
Re: Anti UND Site
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2006, 10:03:00 PM »
its like welcome to the internets, circa 1995!!

Offline jevart

• UND
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 12:40:11 PM »
I saw that website before coming to UND. Almost all the information regarding the aviation program is taken completely out of context. They love to show you a list of UND-related aviation accidents and make it sound like it's a lot, but in reality we have a disproportionately superior safety record compared to the entire GA (that's General Aviation for non-pilot dorks :D) operations. Somewhere on my laptop I have the graph on a PowerPoint slide from Aviation Safety class... it shows total accidents per hours flown.

Offline roben.anderson

• UND
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2006, 10:30:27 AM »
It says that the CoBPA has cut programs and tightened schedules and hired more faculty members to get accredidation. Not true...they're trying to add programs, and they are hiring in spots that people have left or retired. Also, they're doing renovations to the building as well, so why cut the budget by $300,000!?

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 06:18:51 PM »
I found those when I was (ahem) searching for people to invite to this board.  Needless to say, their horrible site design and lack of updating made me decide that they were not worthwhile to have around. 

That and the no-holds-barred hatred of everything UND.  That was kind of distubing as well.
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline lynsey

• UND
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2006, 03:40:25 PM »
That and the no-holds-barred hatred of everything UND.  That was kind of distubing as well.

I can't understand how some people can put so much futile energy into hating something like a college. If they want change, creating a website isn't going to do it. Action has to be taken against the school.

Not that I agree with anything on the sites, but I just think it's pretty idiotic to compile negatives rather than acting on them.

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2006, 12:54:33 PM »
lynsey, you're coming close to undermining why I created this site...:D

No, I don't want to dwell on the negative here.  I just want it to be possible for people to say something if they do in fact have a problem that could be fixed.

JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

realistic