Author Topic: Poor Oshie  (Read 3744 times)

Offline Admiral Ackbar

• UND
Poor Oshie
« on: January 05, 2008, 08:55:03 AM »
THis sucks. At least Radjas out 2 games!

Updated: January 3, 2008, 11:26 AM ET

* Comment
    * Email
    * Print

GRAND FORKS, N.D. -- The University of North Dakota has suspended the leading scorer on its men's hockey team after he was arrested over the weekend for disorderly conduct.

Junior forward T.J. Oshie, of Warroad, Minn., will miss Friday's game at St. Cloud State for violating team rules, head coach Dave Hakstol announced Wednesday.

"Right now, it's a one-game suspension," Hakstol said. "I can't get into the whole situation ... I'm disappointed right now.

"Obviously, this will be a public issue," Hakstol said.

Oshie was arrested at 2:28 a.m. on Sunday, Grand Forks police said. The Sioux, ranked No. 8 in the nation, wrapped up a two-game series with visiting New Hampshire on Saturday night. Michael Radja, a New Hampshire player, also was arrested for disorderly conduct, police said.

Radja, the leading scorer for No. 7 New Hampshire, will be suspended for at least two games, coach Dick Umile said.

No details were released by UND.

It's the second time Oshie has been arrested since joining UND. He and former Sioux teammate Jonathan Toews, now with the Chicago Blackhawks, pleaded guilty last year to being minors in a bar. Both were placed on probation and ordered to perform community service.

Oshie, a 6-foot, 192-pound forward leads the Sioux with nine goals. He's tied with two other players for the team lead in points with 16.

The Sioux (9-7-1, 6-6 Western Collegiate Hockey Association) will conclude a two-game series with the Huskies on Saturday.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=3178872
IT'S A TRAP!!!!1!

Offline goon

• UND
Re: Poor Oshie
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 11:41:03 AM »
I really think it isn't as big a deal as some have made it out to be.

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 04:17:07 PM »
It's curious why he would let himself get stuck in an elevator in Grand Forks, also that he would then urinate in said elevator . . . although I think that this guy has the right interpretation of people's reactions.
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline Admiral Ackbar

• UND
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 09:00:59 AM »
It's curious why he would let himself get stuck in an elevator in Grand Forks, also that he would then urinate in said elevator . . . although I think that this guy has the right interpretation of people's reactions.

He probably had to go to the bathroom, and just happened to be in the elevator, since walking up stairs sucks.
IT'S A TRAP!!!!1!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

anything
realistic
anything