Author Topic: World Trade Center  (Read 9247 times)

Offline zman

• NDSU
World Trade Center
« on: August 28, 2006, 02:06:51 PM »
I recently saw World Trade Center and I think it was a great movie.  Cage did a great job acting, as did the other main character (cant remember his name).  So what does everyone else think about the movie?

I dont think it is too early for the movie, I actually think it is pretty good timing.  The movie played out a little differently then I thought it would, but I still thought it was really well know.  I would recommend that you see it.

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
Re: World Trade Center
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 11:44:55 AM »
I recently saw World Trade Center and I think it was a great movie.  Cage did a great job acting, as did the other main character (cant remember his name).  So what does everyone else think about the movie?

I dont think it is too early for the movie, I actually think it is pretty good timing.  The movie played out a little differently then I thought it would, but I still thought it was really well know.  I would recommend that you see it.

I will agree with that, it was a very good movie.  I was a little surprised that the towers came down much earlier then I thought they would, but the movie played it out well. 
CampusDakota.com

Offline amyc

• NDSU
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 01:20:12 PM »

I will agree with that, it was a very good movie.  I was a little surprised that the towers came down much earlier then I thought they would, but the movie played it out well. 

I agree with pmp6nl, the towers did  come down really early in the movie.  I was expecting them to go up and save a few people before they fell.  I did like the way it progressed though, I thought the whole movie was very well done.  The only criticism that I have is that I thought that they should have listed all the service people who died at the end, not just the PAPD.  Just a thought.

Offline dakotaguy

• NDSU
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 09:56:54 AM »
World Trade Center was a pretty good movie.  The acting was good, and from what I hear it was pretty accurate.

Hopefully they donate some of the money to a good cause.  I think WTC survivors are pretty well off.

Offline Mystikclaw

• NDSU
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2006, 12:22:22 PM »
I am a firefighter here in Fargo (now a student at NDSU also!) and the Forum brought myself and one of Moorhead's firefighters to the movie on opening day.

I personally hate Nick Cage (I met him in San Francisco and he had a horrible personallity, even though he bought me and my buddies a pitcher of beer), and I am not a huge fan of Oliver Stone even though he has made a few good movies. So I went in thinking this movie would be crap.

But I was actually suprised how well done it was overall. You have to remember that this is a full on true story. Everything they could do according to the people that were there was factual. They had survivors on set and coaching characters full time.

I felt it was as true a depiction as they could make it and I just wish it would have came out 3 years ago.

So many people today forget their own reactions and feelings that day and the following months. So many people forget their own comments and ideas of what this country should do right after that event. So many people forget the thousands of innocent people that fell that day just because they were at work, on a flight, or risking life and limb to help others.

Having the job I have probably helps me remember a lot more than people not connected in someway. But I know I will never, and can never forget the 343 brothers that went in and fell doing something they loved. Helping others.

So well done to the cast and crew that made this film. And I have to admit I really enjoyed seeing Nick Cage trapped under rubble for over an hour....  :D

Just to say how intense the tower collapse scene was, there was a man in the theater with us who was hyperventelating after they went down and the screen went black... Now that is intense.

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2006, 12:31:22 PM »
I am a firefighter here in Fargo (now a student at NDSU also!) and the Forum brought myself and one of Moorhead's firefighters to the movie on opening day.

I personally hate Nick Cage (I met him in San Francisco and he had a horrible personallity, even though he bought me and my buddies a pitcher of beer), and I am not a huge fan of Oliver Stone even though he has made a few good movies. So I went in thinking this movie would be crap.

But I was actually suprised how well done it was overall. You have to remember that this is a full on true story. Everything they could do according to the people that were there was factual. They had survivors on set and coaching characters full time.

I felt it was as true a depiction as they could make it and I just wish it would have came out 3 years ago.

So many people today forget their own reactions and feelings that day and the following months. So many people forget their own comments and ideas of what this country should do right after that event. So many people forget the thousands of innocent people that fell that day just because they were at work, on a flight, or risking life and limb to help others.

Having the job I have probably helps me remember a lot more than people not connected in someway. But I know I will never, and can never forget the 343 brothers that went in and fell doing something they loved. Helping others.

So well done to the cast and crew that made this film. And I have to admit I really enjoyed seeing Nick Cage trapped under rubble for over an hour....  :D

Just to say how intense the tower collapse scene was, there was a man in the theater with us who was hyperventelating after they went down and the screen went black... Now that is intense.

What a conincidence, I am also a firefighter (In Iowa, while im not at NDSU).

It is kinda sad that people forget things so quickly as they do; and I suppose that it is good that the movie may help them to remember what many people went through.

I was just glad that they did not go out and add a lot of hollywood to it, they actually attempted to make it as real as possible, I suppose that is only right for this type of movie.

I haven't seen Flight 93 yet, but I hope that it is similar in the way it protrays everything.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2006, 12:32:13 PM by pmp6nl »
CampusDakota.com

Offline Mystikclaw

• NDSU
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2006, 01:02:57 PM »
Very cool pmp6nl! We are testing on Monday for new hires and I can't wait to see the new crop we bring in.

I saw Flight 93 and it was also really good and I thought a bit more emotional (sad), much of it was all guess work on the writer though since they only had phonecalls, timelines, and a blackbox to get the info for it. But families of the crew and passengers helped out also and said that they did a good job on it.

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2006, 01:07:10 PM »
Very cool pmp6nl! We are testing on Monday for new hires and I can't wait to see the new crop we bring in.

I saw Flight 93 and it was also really good and I thought a bit more emotional (sad), much of it was all guess work on the writer though since they only had phonecalls, timelines, and a blackbox to get the info for it. But families of the crew and passengers helped out also and said that they did a good job on it.

Well good luck on your new hires, I am sure there will be some good applicants.

I heard that Flight 93 is out on DVD now, maybe I will have to watch it, after I get done with all this homework.  :-\
CampusDakota.com

Offline ajekt

• NDSU
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2006, 10:59:00 AM »
Well good luck on your new hires, I am sure there will be some good applicants.

I heard that Flight 93 is out on DVD now, maybe I will have to watch it, after I get done with all this homework.  :-\

Go see it!
N-D-S-U ... Goooooo Bison!

Offline Mystikclaw

• NDSU
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2006, 01:32:40 PM »
Actually I think the name of it is United 93 not Flight 93. My mistake.

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2006, 10:22:18 PM »
Actually I think the name of it is United 93 not Flight 93. My mistake.

Ah yea, my fault.  I started calling it Flight 93 for some reason?  :-\
CampusDakota.com

Offline ge_bjf007

• NDSU
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2006, 03:58:26 PM »
While the movie was rather sad I liked how well it was put together (it was tasteful).
Go Bison!

Offline ajekt

• NDSU
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2006, 02:53:44 PM »
World Trade Center will be out this upcoming Tuesday.  I wonder how many people will buy it, is it the type of movie that can be watched multiple times?
N-D-S-U ... Goooooo Bison!

Offline HDnE gal

• NDSU
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2006, 01:00:57 PM »
World Trade Center will be out this upcoming Tuesday.  I wonder how many people will buy it, is it the type of movie that can be watched multiple times?

Good question.  I went and saw it in the theater and it was good, but it isn't something that I would sit down with on a Friday night and watch for the heck of it. 

Offline bisonguy

• NDSU
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2006, 09:45:22 PM »
Good question.  I went and saw it in the theater and it was good, but it isn't something that I would sit down with on a Friday night and watch for the heck of it. 

I really liked it for some reason...  Anyway, DVDs are so cheap these days I actually think I will buy it.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

realistic
anything