Author Topic: Bison 34, Georgia Southern 14  (Read 3967 times)

Offline ajekt

• NDSU
Bison 34, Georgia Southern 14
« on: October 07, 2006, 04:43:46 PM »
GO BISON!!!

Another great win for the Bison, we are now 5-0 including 3-0 on the road!  Next week will be Homecoming and 6-0!  Who would have thought we would have such a great season thus far.

Game Stats:

North Dakota State 34, Georgia Southern 14

1st     2nd    3rd      4th          
NDSU (5-0)    0    14    14    6       34    FINAL
GASO (2-3)    0    14    0    0       14

NDSU, GASO   

Total Yards      349 , 286
Passing            171 , 221
Rushing           178 , 65
Rushing Att      43 , 32
Penalties        4-27 , 7-76
Turnovers          2 , 2
Possession     33:01 , 26:59

« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 04:47:32 PM by ajekt »
N-D-S-U ... Goooooo Bison!

Offline amyc

• NDSU
Re: Bison 34, Georgia Southern 14
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2006, 04:53:48 PM »
WOOOOOOO!!! They won!!  What an awesome year, especially considering all the injuries I have been reading about.  I can not wait until Homecoming, it is going to be awesome! 

Offline zman

• NDSU
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 08:22:09 PM »
GO Bison!!!  6-0 this week!

---
STATESBORO, Ga. (AP) -- Unbeaten North Dakota State won its fifth straight game behind the play of quarterback Steve Walker and a stifling defense Saturday as it defeated Georgia Southern 34-14.

Walker threw for 171 yards and two touchdowns as the No. 11 Bison handed the Eagles their worst home loss since 1994. Marshall beat Georgia Southern 34-13 that year.

Georgia Southern had only 65 yards rushing, four in the second half, against a North Dakota State unit that was giving up only 29 yards per game. It was the first time the Eagles had been held under 100 yards rushing since 1995 when they had 70 against Montana in a Division I-AA playoff loss, a span of 137 games.

The 65 yards are believed to be a school record low for the Eagles who have led I-AA schools in rushing the last five years and entered this game sixth in the nation at 241 yards per game. Lamar Lewis led Southern with 35 yards on 12 carries.

Kyle Steffes rushed for 128 yards for the Bison who had 349 yards total offense.

GSU took a 7-0 lead in the second period on a 1-yard run by Chris Covington. North Dakota State came back to tie it on Walker's 2-yard run only to have Lewis put Georgia Southern back on top with a 5-yard run.

Trailing 14-7 North Dakota State drove 67 yards to score with nine seconds remaining in the half to tie the game. The Bison then took the second half kickoff and marched 65 yards to take the lead for good. Walker' 4-yard pass to Travis White tied it and then he and flanker Kole Heckendorf teamed up for a 38-yard score with 10:53 left in the third period to put the Bison in front for good.

North Dakota State got a 3-yard scoring run from Steffes near the end of the third period, and then Courtney Mitchell concluded the Bisons scoring with a 31-yard interception return.

Offline ge_bjf007

• NDSU
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 04:41:16 PM »
Wow, the Bison are really taking it to alot of teams this year.  However, while we have done good this far, the real big challenges are approaching with Minnesota, and both California teams, they will be a nice challenge for the Bison, but I think our boys can pull it off.

While many people aren't too optimistic about the Minn game, I am positive that we will play well and it wont just be an easy win for Minn.  I think we have a lot to take to the field and we will give them a run for their money.

But, we should take it one game at a time, this week is homecoming and we will be taking on Mississippi Valley State.  They aren't a team to be taken lightly.

Go Bison!
Go Bison!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

realistic
anything