Author Topic: There is something really wrong with this woman...  (Read 3927 times)

Offline amyc

• NDSU
There is something really wrong with this woman...
« on: October 10, 2006, 06:36:53 PM »
Former "Runaway Bride" Sues Ex Fiance

Georgia woman Jennifer Wilbanks is suing former fiance John Mason for $500,000.

A year and a half ago Wilbanks faked her own kidnapping for three days just before she was going to get married in a lavish ceremony in Duluth, GA.

WGST, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution and other media outlets report Wilbanks wants $250,000 as her share of a home Mason bought. He had gotten $500,000 from an agent after selling his story.

She is also requesting $250,000 in punitive damages. Wilbanks claims Mason abused the power of attorney she granted him to handle their finances.

Wilbanks also claims Mason still holds some of her personal possessions. She says he owes her money for their honeymoon that never happened.

No comment yet from Mason.

Last year, Wilbanks turned up in New Mexico and admitted to faking her own kidnapping. Mason said he would still marry her. But last Spring the couple called off the wedding.

----

WHAT?!  She fakes a kidnapping and now she wants money??  I say no way.

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
Re: There is something really wrong with this woman...
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 03:02:37 PM »
Damn people trying to get money they dont deserve.  I sure as hell hope no judge gives her any money!
CampusDakota.com

Offline taco87

• NDSU
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 07:08:17 PM »
I can't get over the fact that he said he would still marry her.  Damn, I would have left that bitch on the curb!

Offline HDnE gal

• NDSU
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2006, 12:15:31 PM »
I remember hearing about this awhile ago.  I think it is sick that people think that they can try and sue for anything nowadays.  If you made a stupid mistake, you shouldn't be asking for anyone's money.  Get a life!!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

anything
realistic