Linked Events

• SCCC Meeting (UND): September 30, 2008

Author Topic: Students for Concealed Carry on Campus Meeting, Sep 30, 7 PM  (Read 2141 times)

Offline News & Event Bot

• CD Team
Students for Concealed Carry on Campus Meeting, Sep 30, 7 PM
« on: September 21, 2008, 11:04:50 AM »
I've posted a recap of our meeting, as well as information about events at our next meeting, at our website under the News tab.  Be sure to check it out, and plan on attending our meeting on September 30th, 7:00 PM, in the Medora room on the 2nd Floor of the Memorial Union.

Everyone that emailed me who missed the ND CCW test and are still interested in taking it, please make note that Don Dietrich will be at the September 30th meeting to administer the test once again, so don't miss this great opportunity!  If the night of the 30th still doesn't work out for you, let me know, and I'll talk to Don then to see how we can get you taken care of.

Also, we are getting together as a group (Plus all that want to attend) for a shooting range trip to the Buxton Range south of Grand Forks on October 12th.  I've created a Facebook event page here, and will discuss further plans for the trip at our meeting on the 30th.

See you in two weeks!

-Greg
[email protected]

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
Re: Students for Concealed Carry on Campus Meeting, Sep 30, 7 PM
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 12:30:21 PM »
Good morning everyone,

Unfortunately, Don Dietrich and Nate Martindale have backed out of attending tonight's meeting.  Despite my keeping in touch with them over the past few weeks about attending, some last minute campaign issues came up with them, and have forced them to cancel their attendance.  It saddens me to communicate this, as I know many of you have emailed me about looking forward to taking the test tonight.

Because of said election season, I unfortunately do not think Mr. Dietrich and Mr. Martindale will find time to get to one of our meetings or events this fall, but all hope is not lost yet!

I have been in talks with two sets of people, Paul Horvick of Fargo, and Rusty and Laura Ramierez of East Grand Forks, and Paul has offered to give the North Dakota test free to individuals attending the Buxton shoot on the 12th (But he would like a count of all interested beforehand, so please let me know ASAP if you would like to take advantage of his offer!).  Rusty and Laura have not made the same offer to members of SCCC just yet, but they have done it in the past for Females For Firearms, and I am sure they'd be just as open to offer the same to us, as well as offer the Utah class and test at a discounted rate.

Please don't let this disappointing news dissuade you from attending the meeting, and we have a LOT to discuss today, including discussing the Buxton shoot in detail, beginning our "X Marks The Spot" event immediately after the meeting, and so much more.  Members of Females For Firearms will be attending our meeting tonight as well, as they voted to support our event, and I'd sure be embarrassed if they outnumber SCCC members in attendance!  We need everyone we can get for our cause, and everything begins at our meetings!

See you at 7!

-Greg

Sorry for sending another email, everyone, but Mr. Dietrich called me and informed me that Mr. Martindale and himself will indeed make the meeting, but will be around 15 minutes late.

Mr. Dietrich WILL be administering the test at the meeting, then, so plan to attend if you would still like to take it.

My apologies once again for sending another email, but I wanted to make sure those attending knew that Mr. Dietrich and Mr. Martindale were again confirmed to attend.

Thanks,
Greg
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 01:03:06 PM by Sal Atticum »
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
Re: Students for Concealed Carry on Campus Meeting, Sep 30, 7 PM
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 04:37:17 PM »
Any info on how the meeting went?
CampusDakota.com

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

anything
realistic
anything