Author Topic: Group Rides: SPRING 2010  (Read 45867 times)

Offline Hollywood

• UND
  • Jesus is My Coach
Re: Group Rides: SPRING 2010
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2010, 01:59:39 PM »
Ride today at 445 anyone?
"You can have all the heart in the world, but it doesn't mean anything if you haven't got the legs"

Offline sanders

• UND
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2010, 02:50:22 PM »
what about 4:00?
Alone you are an athlete but on a bike you are a rocket

Offline sweatynready

• UND Cycling Club
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2010, 03:20:09 PM »
4 or 445?

Offline sanders

• UND
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2010, 04:10:16 PM »
i guess 4:45, ill probs do an easy merrifield loop,  Classified as a No Drop ride

Offline Mario

• Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired
  • UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2010, 11:31:00 AM »
Group ride today, at 4:30, leaving from the Union. Around 1.5+ hours with cross intervals in it (just like last week). Come if you wish, but it is NOT a no-drop ride.
The minimum number of bikes one should own is three.  The correct number is n+1, where n is the number of bikes currently owned.  This equation may also be re-written as s-1, where s is the number of bikes owned that would result in separation from your partner.

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2010, 03:19:46 PM »
I talked to a fellow today who mentioned that UNDCC seemed "too race oriented."  I've tried to make the group ride thread a little more inviting by adding some explanation to the first post, but we should all keep in mind that not everyone around likes to ride fast and hard all the time.

To anyone who may be lurking but doesn't want to go on any hardcore road rides: post up, we won't bite!
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline Plantains

• I've succumbed to corporate level marketing ploys.
  • No you are the one that is stupid!
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2010, 09:05:20 PM »
I just want to say to anyone that may be thinking that UNDCC is too focused on racing that...

1. We try REALLY REALLY hard to focus on all aspects of cycling, INCLUDING non-racing (in fact we try the hardest on this one). Unfortunately, with ND's relatively short "nice weather" time combined with "school semesters" it probably seems that we are very focused on racing. In fact we do compete heavily in our conference (which in turn provides awareness to further cycling involvement) and this requires quite a significant commitment.

2. Since our club is very small, many, if not all of our core members happen to race. This is completely the opposite of 3-4 years ago when we had less than 10% racing. We would love to involve more members that are just generally interested in cycling, and we would never be ostracizing those members at all.

3. The bottom line is, we are a fledgling club. If you want UND Cycling to be something that you can enjoy, there is no simpler way to do that than to participate. The reason many of our group rides that get posted seem like training workouts is because they are. If you want to post a coffee ride, or an urban destruction ride, or a bike path cruise, or any sort of casual type of ride, post it in here. Introduce yourself. Everyone that is part of this club 1. Loves to ride, and 2. Loves to have fun. Those are basically the only criteria. Sure, ultimately we'd love for you to participate actively in meetings and in the community, but we're realistic and we would be happy for you all to just share your love of cycling with us sometime.

It might sound really cheesy, but it's the truth. If you think UND Cycling is ONLY a cycling team, I hope you'll come ride with us and talk to us about what we can do better, and maybe help us do it!

Sincerely,
David Cardarelli
Cyclist.
Alaska Unicyclist: if you ban me, i'll set your complex on fire.... just a heads up

Offline Mario

• Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired
  • UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2010, 09:40:48 AM »
Let's get our legs spinning a bit. AN easy-to-moderate ride today, around 2+ hours. Leaving from the Union at 4:30. Helmets and spare tubes are required.  Everybody is welcome. No limits on how many wheels you are running on your machine, so Beek, feel welcome to come  :P
The minimum number of bikes one should own is three.  The correct number is n+1, where n is the number of bikes currently owned.  This equation may also be re-written as s-1, where s is the number of bikes owned that would result in separation from your partner.

Offline Alaska Unicyclist

« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2010, 03:14:27 PM »
I have lab 4-6.. usually gets out early, I will call you if I get done early, if not, i'll ride by myself :(
"It never gets easier, you just get faster" - Greg Lemond

Offline Mario

• UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2010, 11:16:53 AM »
Training ride today at 5:30 leaving form the Union. About 2 hours with some fast intervals. All are welcome but it is NOT no-drop ride. Helmets, spare tubes and water is required.

« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2010, 01:01:45 PM »
and good spirits... c'mon mario!

Offline sanders

• UND
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2010, 01:40:02 PM »
anybody wanna go on an easy ride around 3:30, maybe 1hr to 1hr30? (no drop ride)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 01:40:35 PM by sanders »

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2010, 01:50:43 PM »
Easy ride around 3:30, maybe 1hr to 1hr30 (no drop ride)

FTFY

Offline sanders

• UND
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2010, 02:04:45 PM »
im asking if anybody will go with me, otherwise i probly will not be going. so if you see this and want to go, post up

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2010, 02:15:56 PM »
im asking if anybody will go with me, otherwise i probly will not be going. so if you see this and want to go, post up
:P

Offline Mario

• UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2010, 10:13:34 AM »
I will be going for a ride today around 11:30. Meet at the Union. I have few 5min intervals.1:15-1:30h long.

« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2010, 10:52:49 AM »
i don't think ill be able to ride today, unless it is this evening around 6..

Offline Hollywood

• UND
  • Jesus is My Coach
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2010, 12:06:43 PM »
I could go around 6ish, Mr. Fist
"You can have all the heart in the world, but it doesn't mean anything if you haven't got the legs"

Offline sanders

• UND
« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2010, 12:38:11 PM »
ill go then toooooo!

Offline Mario

• UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2010, 01:49:18 PM »
Guys, organize this scheduling a bit.

RIDE AT 6 THIS AFTERNOON LEAVING FROM THE UNION. EASY OR NOT? DROP OR NO-DROP?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

anything
realistic