Author Topic: NEWMAN CENTER BIKE "RACE" (donations...possibly?)  (Read 1854 times)

Offline Hollywood

• UND
  • Jesus is My Coach
NEWMAN CENTER BIKE "RACE" (donations...possibly?)
« on: April 06, 2010, 12:57:30 PM »
I have four friends who are looking for bikes to use in this year's Newman Center Cycling "Race" (I use that term loosely).

For anyone who doesn't know, the Newman Center Cycling Race is a race/fund raiser (actually, the biggest fund raiser of the year for the church) betwixt our on-campus ministry (the St. Thomas Aquinas Newman Center) and the on-campus ministry at NDSU.  Both schools race to Hillsboro (~35 miles for the UND kids) and the winner is determined by multiple factors (times of the top 10 finishers for each team, amount of money raised and number of total riders).

If anyone could spare a bike for a day (April 24th, actually), it would be greatly, greatly appreciated.  Keep in mind the bike doesn't exactly have to be "race" quality.  The people who are asking me are in it primarily for the fund raising aspect and just want to go on a morning cruise with their friends. However, they aren't too keen on the idea of riding a mountain bike that distance (I wouldn't be either), but pretty much anything else would help.  Also, if you'd like to donate a bike, we can set something up for you and the user to meet so you know exactly who is riding on of your most cherished possessions.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
"You can have all the heart in the world, but it doesn't mean anything if you haven't got the legs"

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

realistic