Author Topic: New in GF, Routes? Shops?  (Read 3567 times)

Offline tnvelo

New in GF, Routes? Shops?
« on: November 15, 2009, 09:38:39 PM »
Hey, gonna be in town for couple months, i'm a roadie and wondering if there was just one bike shop in town? looks like more of a ski shop than a LBS. Also, what's up with the 100 mile loop, can't find a map of it anywhere? thanks y'all

Offline Mario

• Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired
  • UND
  • Crossing around
Re: New in GF, Routes? Shops?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 10:14:17 PM »
Ski and Bike is a LBS, by it transforms into more of a ski shop for the winter. Nevertheless you can still get all the bike services in there.Other than that there is Scheels, but there is not much of bike department left for the winter either. 100 mile loop?Where did you hear about it? i can find you a "loop" that will be 100 miles, but it might be more of a out and back with some loops in there. If you are serious about that 100 miles, I have a 6 hour ride(about 100 miles)this upcoming weekend on Saturday, and it would be nice to have a company. I'm not sure if other club members will be up to 6 hours, but you never know.Post if you have any questions.  :cheers:
The minimum number of bikes one should own is three.  The correct number is n+1, where n is the number of bikes currently owned.  This equation may also be re-written as s-1, where s is the number of bikes owned that would result in separation from your partner.

Offline Hollywood

• UND
  • Jesus is My Coach
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 09:44:03 PM »
"You can have all the heart in the world, but it doesn't mean anything if you haven't got the legs"

Offline Hollywood

• UND
  • Jesus is My Coach
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 09:46:13 PM »
and i'll probably go
"You can have all the heart in the world, but it doesn't mean anything if you haven't got the legs"

Offline Mario

• Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired
  • UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 07:37:18 AM »
It looks all good on the map Chad, but you just sent us on bunch of the dirt roads. I will think about a rout.
The minimum number of bikes one should own is three.  The correct number is n+1, where n is the number of bikes currently owned.  This equation may also be re-written as s-1, where s is the number of bikes owned that would result in separation from your partner.

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 08:00:00 AM »
Hillsboro-Climax-Crookston-GFK might be around 100, but that's off the top of my head.
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline Hollywood

• UND
  • Jesus is My Coach
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 08:33:47 AM »
I mean, I just did a search on "map my ride" and that's what came up.

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2009, 09:16:05 AM »
:P
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline Hollywood

• UND
  • Jesus is My Coach
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 11:20:47 AM »
??

Offline Plantains

• I've succumbed to corporate level marketing ploys.
  • No you are the one that is stupid!
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2009, 10:57:50 AM »
any map of grand forks is suspect. google doesn't have addresses going the correct way on many streets (ie high vs. low, east vs. west) and apparently map my ride has dirt roads.
Alaska Unicyclist: if you ban me, i'll set your complex on fire.... just a heads up

Offline Toaster

• UND
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2009, 02:20:55 PM »
what kind of super lame-o doesn't ride their road bike on dirt roads? (not sarcasm)
Just try and step to UND Cycling if you wanna test your luck.

Offline Mario

• UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2009, 03:19:41 PM »
Me  ;D

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

realistic